Graphics
x2 GeForce GTX 970 Mini ITX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I recently updated my system to boot Windows 10 using the UEFI, however OS X won't boot anymore. I am confused do I need reinstall OS X? I have Clover booting from a USB. I am thinking I would just need to update my settings in Clover possibly inject some Kexts but maybe not. Can someone point me in the right direction? I need some explanation about how it works.

My board is a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H.

Thanks.

Start here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/multi-booting.153/

UEFI only uses one bootloader. On your system it probably resides on the Windows disk. Windows 10 came along and re-wrote the EFI bootloader. It wiped the OSX portion of the EFI bootloader. You now need to wrestle control back to Clover EFI bootloader.

For me, the W10 upgrade blew away my Linux Grub bootloader that was on another HDD and it added a boot file to the OSX HDD, in its own folder. I had to re-install GRUB2 and I didn't have to touch OSX EFI. And that's why I prefer Legacy over UEFI. But next time I will disconnect all the drives but Windows if I ever do another update - like the one that is coming out tomorrow, the W10 Anniversary update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back