Contribute
Register

Confusing RC5 message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Upgraded to tony's post of chameleon today. It worked fine for a while and then I took the plunge and upgraded my bios to F7 (P55M-UD4). So the DSDT is throwing some kind of error? Can anyone explain the cause of this and how to solve?

p.s. this was a safe-boot attempt, last ditch effort.

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-02-03 at 19.03.jpg
    Photo on 2010-02-03 at 19.03.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 159
When you upgrade the BIOS the CMOS settings are likely to have been reset, so go and double check all your settings again.
Also, taking pictures of your screen with the flash enabled on the camera is a bad idea...

In case you didn't you need to load optimized defaults then save and exit anytime you update a Gigabyte bios. After this, you can reconfigure your bios settings. :)

This message is on purpose. It's a debug so that you can see what is going on with the latest Chameleon RC5pre6 during boot-up, and press any key when you're ready to continue. If you want a seamless startup, you'll have to use RC4 for now- I'm figuring out how to get rid of the message- I got it too, and now am back to AsereBLN 1.1.7 RC4 with this Themes folder in /Extra for the GUI.

Attachments

• Themes.zip
    162.6 KB · Views: 114
On some of these versions, there's no automatic PCIroot identification. I know on the stock RC4, I had issues with PCIroot with my 9400 GT. You'll have to take a look at the source documentation to see how to change it (the default is usually 0 or 1).

PC-EFI 10.5- From netkas: http://netkas.org/?p=271
If booter fails to detect it or you dont have _UID property in pci root(in dsdt) then UID=0 used by default, but, if you have UID=1 and booter fails to detect it, use -pci1 boot flag. Uid detection works really well in most cases.

(pretty sure AsereBLN's version has the PC-EFI 10.5 fix)

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back