Contribute
Register

Confused right direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, 18.2 didn't work but luckily I could use shell to replace the malfunctioning config.plist with the saved working one.
Still Hackintool can't recognize my core i5 generation which should be 9th (i5 9600k). Everything else works on my machine. I only have problems with the onboard gpu.

Use iMac18,1.

I can't boot with your provided config file, @pastrychef . I don't have a clue where to search and dig and dive.
Can it be that 18.1 is the one but that other settings (addressing / naming) of de gpu is generating the problem?
When i try to boot with 18.1, boot progress bar really goes slow and eventually hangs.

I can't boot with your provided config file, @pastrychef . I don't have a clue where to search and dig and dive.
Can it be that 18.1 is the one but that other settings (addressing / naming) of de gpu is generating the problem?
When i try to boot with 18.1, boot progress bar really goes slow and eventually hangs.
boot verbose and take a pic of where it hangs

Seems to be this point: See attached.

edit: I have an EFI partition of FS0: (or FS1:) on the ssd and I have an EFI partition on FS6: (sata disk used for installing Mojave). I can't get a grip on when Clover is booting from which EFI and thus knowing which config.plist is used. confusion! haha! Anyone a clue?

I really appreciate all of your help and knowledge!

Attachments

• 1A81A791-89A6-4C5F-986A-DE9921F0AEE6.jpeg
    1A81A791-89A6-4C5F-986A-DE9921F0AEE6.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Seems to be this point: See attached.

edit: I have an EFI partition of FS0: (or FS1:) on the ssd and I have an EFI partition on FS6: (sata disk used for installing Mojave). I can't get a grip on when Clover is booting from which EFI and thus knowing which config.plist is used. confusion! haha! Anyone a clue?

I really appreciate all of your help and knowledge!
add this to your Patches section in your config.plist:
Code:
<dict>
            <key>Comment</key>
            <string>ACPI Patch by mattystonnie</string>
            <key>Disabled</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Find</key>
            <data>
            oAqTU1RBUwE=
            </data>
            <key>Replace</key>
            <data>
            oAqRCv8L//8=
            </data>
        </dict>

ok so it should look like:
used BBEdit
edit: hangs at boot, will boot in verbose in a moment.

eidt2: @Feartech stops at same point:
apfs_module_start:1393: load: com.apple.filesystems.apfs. v945.275.7, apfs-945.275.7, 2019/08/20

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-20 at 20.41.12.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-20 at 20.41.12.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
ok so it should look like:
used BBEdit
edit: hangs at boot, will boot in verbose in a moment.

eidt2: @Feartech stops at same point:
apfs_module_start:1393: load: com.apple.filesystems.apfs. v945.275.7, apfs-945.275.7, 2019/08/20
you pasted it in wrong, you see that empty line you deleted? should have </dict> in there

It seems that the system boots now but it doesn't switch the monitor on. I can log in (blind) and i hear sounds of MagicPrefs (mouse tool). The only thing is that the monitor is not switched on in GUI mode.

edit: system is awake, I can access the shares of the system over network.

It seems that the system boots now but it doesn't switch the monitor on. I can log in (blind) and i hear sounds of MagicPrefs (mouse tool). The only thing is that the monitor is not switched on in GUI mode.

edit: system is awake, I can access the shares of the system over network.

You may need port connector patches.

You may need port connector patches.

Thanks, I've got it all running now and I've learned a bit. (working in Shell64, editing, do know I've edited manually the framebuffer settings but don't know in what format they are and how to convert them to understandable values.)

The thing I now encounter is massive flickering and strange display updating. I'll try to fix this. See attached for my configuration as is boots. (19.1 :| ) Had 18.1 also working but also encountered massive flickering and strange display updating behavior.

Thanks lovely community and contributors, you make it very pleasant being here!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-21 at 10.54.20.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-21 at 10.54.20.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back