i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I installed Clover on my 10.10.3 System. When I boot I get a Chimera 4.01 screen that gets stuck loading. How do I boot into Clover and ignore/remove Chimera/Chameleon?

If you installed CloverUEFI then choose the "UEFI:Hard drive" as your first boot device.

That's what I did.

I somehow muddled my way into getting it to boot. But now it almost seems like it's booting a combination of Clover and Chimera. I get the Clover boot loader screen, but it looks like remnants of my old Chimera when loading OS X. Plus, now I am getting terrible BT mouse lag.

I had a really nice running system with Multi-beast. I used the Clover USB to perform an easy fix on iMessage and now I seemed to have really screwed things up.

now I am getting terrible BT mouse lag.

Ensure that you are using the correct config.plist for you configuration. Check the INTEL graphics injection is Enabled or not. Also disable ATI and NVIDIA if those are in Enabled state.

Thanks. INTEL graphics may not have been enabled. I just could not seem to get it to boot from the EFI partition. It would boot fine from the USB Clover drive.

I created a new config.plist using Multibeast and reinstalled Chimera. All seems fine now.

I would like to get Clover to work and will revisit again when I have time.

One main concern with Clover was a terrible BT mouse lag and stutter. If I cannot resolve it, that may be a deal breaker.

Thanks. INTEL graphics may not have been enabled. I just could not seem to get it to boot from the EFI partition. It would boot fine from the USB Clover drive.

What is the issue you facing while booting??

I created a new config.plist using Multibeast and reinstalled Chimera. All seems fine now.

Chimera (MultiBeast) not using config.plist, Chimera's configuration file is org.chameleon.boot.plist

One main concern with Clover was a terrible BT mouse lag and stutter. If I cannot resolve it, that may be a deal breaker.

The lag is because of the graphics. config.plist is the configuration file of clover, so you should have to make necessary changes to it for running the OS X smoothly on your build.

As you are using onboard graphics/processor graphics, You have to enabled Intel graphics injection on config.plist and need to disable the ATI & NVIDIA injections.

What is the issue you facing while booting??

Chimera (MultiBeast) not using config.plist, Chimera's configuration file is org.chameleon.boot.plist

The lag is because of the graphics. config.plist is the configuration file of clover, so you should have to make necessary changes to it for running the OS X smoothly on your build.

As you are using onboard graphics/processor graphics, You have to enabled Intel graphics injection on config.plist and need to disable the ATI & NVIDIA injections.

Hard to explain since is a process I don't fully understand.

USB Clover - Clover bootloader screen>timeout does not work, have to select boot to Yosemite on wired keyboard>black screen with white Apple logo and progress bar, very fast boot, ALC892 sound works without having to do anything with audio kexts, sleep/ wake works, BT mouse lags.

Clover installed on SSD - Clover bootloader screen>timeout does not work>black screen with white tearing Apples across it>progress bar>boots slower>log in screen>no sound>BT mouse lags terribly.

I had to do a lot to get the sound working with that Audio_Clover_master file and it still was not quite right.

Chimera-Chameleon boot loader screen>timeout works>gray screen with white Apple and progress bar moves slowly>gray screen with black tearing Apples>black screen with faster moving progress bar (no apple)>log in screen> sound works>now BT mouse lags

Sorry, wrong syntax. Created new org.chameleon.boot.plist

OK, but mouse is now lagging with Chimera boot too. Lag is intermittent, but consistent.

Thanks for your help.

USB Clover - Clover bootloader screen>timeout does not work, have to select boot to Yosemite on wired keyboard>black screen with white Apple logo and progress bar, very fast boot, ALC892 sound works without having to do anything with audio kexts, sleep/ wake works, BT mouse lags.

Time out only will work if you are booting from the custom boot entry of clover.

Clover installed on SSD - Clover bootloader screen>timeout does not work>black screen with white tearing Apples across it>progress bar>boots slower>log in screen>no sound>BT mouse lags terribly.

After installing the clover to SSD, have you copied the config.plist file from your USB's /EFI/CLOVER folder to SSD's /EFI/CLOVER/ folder (on your EFI partition) ??

For timeout, on the clover boot loader screen, choose Clover Boot Options and then choose the option Add Clover Boot Option.

Then go to BIOS and set the boot.efi as you primary boot entry/device. Save the settings and the reboot. Your timeout will work.

Note:- If you are not able to see any clover entries in your BIOS's boot sequence list even after adding the CLOVER boot option manually, then every time you have to press enter key. It seems like bug in clover. I this problem in one of my build.

I had to do a lot to get the sound working with that Audio_Clover_master file and it still was not quite right.

For enabling onboard Audio (ALC 885 - ALC1150) : http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

Chimera-Chameleon boot loader screen>timeout works>gray screen with white Apple and progress bar moves slowly>gray screen with black tearing Apples>black screen with faster moving progress bar (no apple)>log in screen> sound works>now BT mouse lags

Post your org.chameleon.boot.plist file.

Post the screen shot of Applications > Utilities > System Information > Graphics/Displays.

Open Terminal and type the below command,
Code:
bdmesg

Then check for the section Intel Device Info, post a screen shot of the section.

Time out only will work if you are booting from the custom boot entry of clover.

After installing the clover to SSD, have you copied the config.plist file from your USB's /EFI/CLOVER folder to SSD's /EFI/CLOVER/ folder (on your EFI partition) ??

For timeout, on the clover boot loader screen, choose Clover Boot Options and then choose the option Add Clover Boot Option.

Then go to BIOS and set the boot.efi as you primary boot entry/device. Save the settings and the reboot. Your timeout will work.

Note:- If you are not able to see any clover entries in your BIOS's boot sequence list even after adding the CLOVER boot option manually, then every time you have to press enter key. It seems like bug in clover. I this problem in one of my build.

For enabling onboard Audio (ALC 885 - ALC1150) : http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

Post your org.chameleon.boot.plist file.

Post the screen shot of Applications > Utilities > System Information > Graphics/Displays.

Open Terminal and type the below command,
Code:
bdmesg

Then check for the section Intel Device Info, post a screen shot of the section.

Thanks for all of the advice and assistance! Things went from bad to worse yesterday so I thought I should start with a fresh install before proceeding.

I had to reinstall OS X twice to get a properly working system. The first install last night had many problems. Went to bed completely frustrated.

This morning I started with a fresh download of OS X, Unibeast and Multibeast. Did a secure erase of the USB drive and first partitioned my SSD into two partitions and then back to one to remove remnants of the old EFI partition that was causing the problem. Finally after a few different boot flags at installation I have a solid system with sound, BT sleep/wake, etc.

I am probably going to get another SSD so I can experiment with Clover and leave this working installation alone. I will be able to use all of your suggestions once I start trying out Clover again.

Again, many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back