Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I'm seeing a lot of video cards confirmed working, but the information on fully working multiple monitors seems sparse. I would really like if some folks with multi-monitor setups could post which cards they have, how many monitors connected, and what ports are used for the monitors.

I installed using Gordos Sandy Bridge method and so far have tried three video cards.

Sapphire ATI Radeon 5770 "flex" edition - Works beautifully OOB with the 10.6.7 ATI kexts, but could not get multiple monitors working with Chimera boot loader. Tested all frame buffers. Some framebuffers showed 3 monitors, but only one display would power up. System profiler never showed it as a 5770, only a "5700 series".

XFX 5770 & XFX 6770 would not get to desktop, got stuck after loading DSMOS.

I am also interested in the idea of running dual graphics cards if each graphic card can only run 2 displays reliably. If anyone has that setup, please report. Thanks! :thumbup:

I did some research a couple months back on editing the personalities to get the ports defined in the framebuffers to perfectly match those on your actual card, mostly on InsanelyMac. If I remember correctly, most of the examples and work were for a 5770.

I have a 5750 and although I cannot recall all the steps I went thru, it wasn't OOB but it wasn't terribly difficult either. I've tested it briefly several times with 2 displays both using DVI but one with an HDMI adapter cable at the monitor end. It seems to work fine, but I don't have several hours/days of continued use to confirm reliability.

Sapphire 5770, 10.6.6 drivers and Chamelon 2.0 RC5. I have two 24" 1080p monitors. I have a third identical monitor, but I'm having troubles with three monitors.

I can confirm that 2 DVI monitors work OOB with this card. (Also one on HDMI and one on DVI, or one on VGA) Displayport does not work, not even when used alone.

Sapphire 5770 vapor-x 2 monitors on dvi oob, either using GE=No or YES with FB Vervet or Duckweed.

great card, runs Starcraft 2 full detail w no issues. I dont think you need any more than this right now. But if you feel like it, maybe the 5850 xtreme edition by sapphire would do for you, i've seen reported a multimonitor setup w this card.

emaf said:
Sapphire 5770 vapor-x 2 monitors on dvi oob, either using GE=No or YES with FB Vervet or Duckweed.

great card, runs Starcraft 2 full detail w no issues. I dont think you need any more than this right now. But if you feel like it, maybe the 5850 xtreme edition by sapphire would do for you, i've seen reported a multimonitor setup w this card.

Would you happen to know who/where this "report" is? I'm interested in getting this card for compatibility reasons - my GTX 295 is giving me too many headaches beyond 10.6.4.

Batmobile 5770 in Lion works with 2 DVI connected monitors, Vervet framebuffer. You'll see lots of other references to it throughout the forums.

I had 3 using the 10.6.7 kexts and Chimera bootloader, 2x DVI and a DP > DVI active adapter. My 3rd monitor recently died so I'm unfortunately just running a dual setup now.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back