Contribute
Register

Confirmed Audio Interfaces (Hobbyist/Pro-sumer/Pro) & Drivers - Mac OS X

mbox pro 3 has issues...when i turn it on, it doesnt detect...I have to go to sleep mode and exit sleep mode again. That reboots the firewire bus. Turning on and off the device doesnt work...

When I installed PT 8, i had kernel errors dut to bad/old/incompatible drivers i guess and i had to remove randomly some kexts to make it work...

PT 8 is old now and the drivers installed by default may cause troubleshooting.

im working with a uad apollo quad thunderbolt and and a uad-2 pcie card. typical thunderbolt probs (no hot plugging), everything else works like a charm. didnt try 64 bit yet though.

my build is: 3770K/up5-th/gtx 770

hope that helps!

im working with a uad apollo quad thunderbolt and and a uad-2 pcie card. typical thunderbolt probs (no hot plugging), everything else works like a charm. didnt try 64 bit yet though.

my build is: 3770K/up5-th/gtx 770

hope that helps!

Hey Philly

I have the same setup minus the thunderbolt (so far) and I'm using Logic X. I was wondering if you have latency while using the UAD plug ins inside your DAW? I can run all sorts of UAD Pluggo's inside the Consale app, but Im getting some latency when I use any UAD's inside Logic X.

Just finish my first built
I've installed drivers for Apogee Quartet
and it works perfectly!

Just made a good deal on eBay for Scarlett 18i20. Anyone's got any good/bad experience with this interface?

Hi

Thanks so much for this thread. I just bought a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, and it seems to run fine anywhere from 30 secs to a few minutes but then the audio starts glitching and stuttering, .... the weird thing is maybe 10 minutes after not playing any audio, it's ready to go again.... for awhile... anyone know a fix for this??

I checked the driver site and they had encountered this problem on Mavericks (running Yosemite) but installed it anyways and didn't make a difference.

Would really appreciate any help :)
Thanks in advance

Specs:

Intel Core i7 6-Core 5820k
Corsair H110 Cooler
Samsung 840 EVO 1TB
1 GTX 970 MSI
GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD5 Motherboard
16GB Crucial DDR4 RAM

Last edited:
Hi

Thanks so much for this thread. I just bought a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, and it seems to run fine anywhere from 30 secs to a few minutes but then the audio starts glitching and stuttering, .... the weird thing is maybe 10 minutes after not playing any audio, it's ready to go again.... for awhile... anyone know a fix for this??

Hi there !

I have the exact same problem with my new Fireface 802, I just installed Yosemite. It was not working fine with Mavericks, except when I lunched Protools, and turned the device settings to 32 samples... Absurd right ?

So now after a clean yosemite install, sound is working fine everywhere for 30 sec, and then it starts glitching. And after sleep/wake up, it works again for 30 secs....

Any ideas how we can work this out ?

SPECS :

GA-Z87X-UD3H
Intel i7 4770k
16 Go 1333 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2048 Mo
Dual boot with win 8 on another ssd

hey guys I'm currently using the fireface 802 on my apple machine... will be running a hack soon after i sell my current mac pro.

need to know if it will work in a stable manor as i have clients on a regular basis!
Cheers
:D

Hi there !

I have the exact same problem with my new Fireface 802, I just installed Yosemite. It was not working fine with Mavericks, except when I lunched Protools, and turned the device settings to 32 samples... Absurd right ?

So now after a clean yosemite install, sound is working fine everywhere for 30 sec, and then it starts glitching. And after sleep/wake up, it works again for 30 secs....

Any ideas how we can work this out ?

SPECS :

GA-Z87X-UD3H
Intel i7 4770k
16 Go 1333 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2048 Mo
Dual boot with win 8 on another ssd

More info needed: Are you using via FW or USB? If FW, what FW card are you using?

Back