Contribute
Register

Confirmed Audio Interfaces (Hobbyist/Pro-sumer/Pro) & Drivers - Mac OS X

Hi guys,
I saw that Scarlett 18i20 was listed as compatible with hackintosh but unfortunatly i bought one last few days and on 1.9.2 and 10.9.4 it doesn't work. Interface is recognized but with the last Scarlett MixControl 1.8.128.0 + Firmware 634, (i also tried the ClassCompliantMode), i still have little crackling noise :cry: I tried to put the scarlett on every USB ports (also disconnect all other USB peripherals), it's always the same problem.

Here is my configuration:

- Motherboard: ga-z87x-ud5h (the same as ga-z87x-ud3h but with firewire controller in plus)
- i7 4770k
- internal video card
- no Pci-e cards

If someone had an idea to make it works ...:( it's driving me crazy. I spent all my money without being able to work ...:cry:

I wish you a good week-end ...

I've noticed that the Delta 66 from M-Audio is confirmed to work... does anyone know if the Delta 44 will work (I happen to have one from years ago and am in the process of building my new machine)? I'm curious if this confirmed to *not work* or if it's simply no confirmed *to* work yet.

I have a Motu 896 Mk3 Firewire 400 (not the hybrid) working on mulitple OS versions with no problems (10.7.x,10.8.x,10.9.x).

Motherboard -Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD5
CPU- Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core 3.4GHz
Memory - 16GB 4x4 Gskill DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Solid State Drive - Samsung 840 Pro 250GB
H.D.D - 2 Wester Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 Rpm
Graphics Card -PNY GTX 770 XLR8 OC2
Cooling - CORSAIR Hydro Series H80 Liquid CPU Cooler
PSU- Ultra X4 750W Modular
Case - Rosewill L4000 Server Case

Nice, that's within my budget—good to know there's something I can move to if needed! :)

UA Apollo, RME Firecface 800, Avid M-Box Mini all working on my system with both Studio One & Pro Tools.

I should be able to test the Apollo via Thunderbolt within the next two days & will follow up!

Could you tell me what FW PCI card are you using?

Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 works class-compliant with 10.9.4 and 10.9.5.

M-Audio M-Track Quad (USB) works very well. My build called Flonne runs it with Logic Pro X and Garage Band and it's great. Don't remember if it's class compliant, but M-Audio has drivers for Mavericks on their website. The interface is pretty much what you'd expect from a USB interface. 4 combi XLR/TRS inputs, Hi-Z switch for instruments, zero latency monitoring, a direct/USB mixing pot, phantom power, 4x hardware insert jacks. 24/96 is pretty nice and it has 4 line outputs so you can switch between pairs of monitors.

The included Pro Tools Express software not so compatible - it's based on PT 10.3.4 and isn't officially qualified for Mavericks.

Avid Mbox Mini 3rd gen also works, but it's been discontinued so probably not worth listing.

I can confirm that the Phonic Helix Board 24 functions via FireWire in OS X. Using it on my Mac Pro 1,1 with Mavericks under Pro Tools, Logic 9 and Audition. Takes a bit of configuring in Audio MIDI Setup, but works like a dream.

I can confirm that the M Audio Delta 1010 PCI card works in Snow Leopard and Lion but is not recognised in Mountain Lion.
Hence I have not made the move to Mountain Lion yet until I get a new audio interface.

The Envy drivers are no longer being updated afaik.

http://www.audio-evolution.com/drivers/

Back