Contribute
Register

Confirmed Audio Interfaces (Hobbyist/Pro-sumer/Pro) & Drivers - Mac OS X

Confirmed Pro Audio Interfaces & Drivers - Mac OS X

Terratec Phase X24 is running on Mountaion Lion 10.8.2.

But the 1.30 beta control panel software makes some trouble. I have to unplug my Phase X24 before booting in OS X.
Then i can start the control panel without error. But when i plug in the interface it won't be recognized. Have to unplug it again and restart OS X.
Plug it in again and finally my Interface AND control panel software is working. It's annoying...

No issues in Windows 7...

I'm running 10.8.2 and have a Motu 8pre. I had to install the Nullcpupowermanagement kext, otherwise I get audio pops during playback in Logic. With the kext it works flawlessly.

G'day guys,

Can confirm M-Audio Projectmix i/o (firewire) works OOB with M-Audio firewire drivers on SL, L & ML,
using it with Ableton Live, Logic Pro 9 & Pro Tools,

this is running on an Asus P8z68v Pro/gen3, i7 2600k, HD 6870 (firewire worked OOB)

working on reason/ableton live with 10.8.2:

- little glitches/crackles sometines with M-audio Delta 66 using Envy24

- no problems with Motu Audio Express USB

My first build! I've just tried my Digidesign MBox 2 USB and it works perfectly with a typical ProTools band mix session with lots of plugins. :headbang:
I've just tried it with 10.8.0 and PT 8.0.5 (not officialy 'supported' but working perfectly and extensively tested on a real Mac ;)).
Haven't tried midi yet, and still have to try the all thing on SL.

Hello! Komplete Audio 6 is working really well. I'm on a probook 4730s running 10.8 in reaper. No glitches at all.

How's Apollo? I am working on my Hack build right now, pretty much the same as you GA-Z77X-UP5 TH i3770K 32g Corsair Vengence.

I use an internal UAD II right now with a Focusrite outboard FW 400, and am looking at the Apollo as an upgrade for the extra money I saved with the HacknTosh.

I did have some struggles with my system, but I think it's to do with the fact I was using Lion as my install OS and a few things on the MB wouldn't install. Audio and Video stuff. I'm going to upgrade to ML tonight and see if that fixes it up.

I am interested in your success

Howdy all,

I wanted to update this with another confirmed hardware solution. Those of you that still have an old M-Audio MobilePre(1st edition) don't throw it out just yet. I've got mine working like a charm in OS X Mountain Lion with Adobe Audition CS6 and ProTools M-Powered 8. All you need to do is DL the drivers from Avid Audio's website and it should work perfectly.

My setup:

Asus Rampage III Formula x58 Mobo
Intel i7-970 (hexacore) @ 3.5ghz
12GB 3x4gb G-Skill Ripjaw RAM @ 1600
EVGA GTX 470SC GPU
2 Seagate 500GB hdd's
1 WD 640GB Black hdd
1 WD 500GB Green hdd
M-Audio MobilePre

Back