Contribute
Register

Confirmed Audio Interfaces (Hobbyist/Pro-sumer/Pro) & Drivers - Mac OS X

Confirmed Pro Audio Interfaces & Drivers - Mac OS X

I have a UAD Apollo Quad working seamlessly on FW through a Syba 2 Port 1394b pci-e card (http://tinyurl.com/bvfrjfn) on 10.6.8 that I'm very very very very happy with.

It installs the drivers as core audio giving me native support. Very useful when working with programs like Screenflow.

Happy days!

Tascam US-1800 confirmed working flawless in lion and mountain lion with Garageband and Logic Pro 9.

One Caveat. The interface also works for system sounds and iTunes. For some reason i get no audio through VLC with the us-1800 selected. Kind of odd.

Is there anything that doesn't work? It seems like everything just works.
Maybe a list of problematic interfaces would make more sense?
Anyways, the Motu Ultralite FW works on my PCIe FW card with TI chipset too.

I have a NI Traktor Audio 10. Works a treat. FYI - with most pro audio interfaces you can map system audio to an output on your interface using Soundflower. I find setting it up this way minimises processing noise you hear with onboard audio.

For me, Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 works perfectly, but since Lion, not with Chimera Bootoader(s), so I have to use Chameleon, most (newer) versions work.

Kassia

Lexicon alpha usb works 100% . System specs are gigabyte z77 up4 , i5 3570k, 16 gigs 1866 corsaIr vengence, hd4000 graphics on thunderbolt port, 128 mushkn ssd, 2-2 terabyte wd black, os x mountain lion 10.8.2....... did session today with bluetube mic pre and cad tube mic and was fantastic...

UA Apollo, RME Firecface 800, Avid M-Box Mini all working on my system with both Studio One & Pro Tools.

I should be able to test the Apollo via Thunderbolt within the next two days & will follow up!

Back