Contribute
Register

Confirmed Audio Interfaces (Hobbyist/Pro-sumer/Pro) & Drivers - Mac OS X

Audio Interfaces.........

A few Interfaces I have not yet seen posted that I have in my DJ Studio.

CustoMac:
ASRock H77M-ITX
I7-3770k
2x 256GB Samsung 830 SSD
16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
HD4000 Graphics
Mountain Lion 10.8.1

Audio Interfaces:
Creative X-fi PRO USB
Works OOB on both USB2 and USB3 ports.
ADC and DAC works.
Volume knob works for output level (it was reported "not working" on older versions of OS X elsewhere).

Native Instruments S4
Did not work OOB. Epic Fail. I had to download the S4 Beta USB3 drivers for the 2012 Mac Book Pro from NI.
EDIT: Update. After release of 10.8.2, this now works without the beta USB3 drivers. No longer a "Fail"
Only works on USB2 Ports (after I installed USB3 driver from NI)
Works Flawlessly with 4 tracks playing at ultra low latency settings.
Works with Timecode fine. (With Scratch)

Native Instruments Audio 10
Works OOB on USB2 ports only.
(Note on OOB, Driver was automatically installed with Traktor Pro. Nothing special was done or extra downloads. Traktor Pro Scratch MK2 was included with the A10, so I'll call it OOB)
Works as a Basic USB sound card even without Traktor running.

Novation Dicers (Technically a Midi controller, not an audio interface)
Worked OOB
Works on Both USB2 and USB3 ports
I did have to import a config file into Traktor since it is a Serato controller.

Software for the NI Equipment:
I am running Trakor PRO 2.5.1 and Traktor Scratch Pro MK2 2.5.1
No issues yet.
Update to 2.6 works perfectly

Is anyone having success or problems with a Digidesign USB Mbox 2 on Mountain Lion?
Mine is working perfectly on my iMac core2duo, be it with SL or ML, can I assume it will be the same on a Z77+Ivy build?
Thanks for any advice! :thumbup:

I've got a problem on my HP Probook 4530s i7 16gig OSX 10.8. Apogee installation says it is complete but the duet 2 does not show up in sound devices in system preferences or my DAW (ableton Live). Anyone got any ideas?

Tascam US-1641 is working perfect with ML

Just had a quick test of my Ecler Evo 5, everything seems ok on ML so far

Focusrite Saffire pro 24 (via MB firewire) works flawless in Mountain Lion 10.8.2!

I have some problems with my Presonus FireBox under Mountain Lion 10.8.2.
Every once in a while the sound gets cut off in a glitchy kinda way, hard to explain but i hear a crackle and then the sound cuts of for 1/2 second or so.

anyone got any clues on whats going on and how to fix this?
i tried checking the console but it doesnt report anything at all when this happens.

im using a Gigabyte z77x-up5 th with 3770k and 16gb.
i havent disabled the internal soundcard or anything, but that feels like overkill to have to do.

any help would be greatly appreciated since this is a major thorn in my hackintosh, especially since i mainly built it for music and photography.

oh yea, this does NOT happen when i use the intergrated sound blaster or whatever it is on the motherboard, just with my external firewire Presonus Firebox.

RME Babyface, 10.8.1, GA x58a ud3r, ....

works great, although early on audio seemed to drop out, but has stopped doing this after installing easybeast. (darwake wasn't disabled i think).

volume is accessible from function keys (logitech keyboard)!

bit scared to try 10.8.2 (not cos of audio, but graphics issue possibly etc..). Esp as all it will give is Facebook integration (big meh).

No regrets moving on from SL (so far).

better performance and stability than my previous card, Audiofire12.

Firewire really is going the way of the dodo.

Back