Contribute
Register

Confirmed Audio Interfaces (Hobbyist/Pro-sumer/Pro) & Drivers - Mac OS X

Re: Audio Interfaces.........

oem said:
Hi all,

I'm using the M-Audio Profire 2626 audio interface, the majority of the time it's fine.

System SMBIOS is MacPro3,1 on ICH10 P43 chipset, Socket 775, 4GB Hyper-X DDR2 1066MHz on Asus P5QL-EPU; running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 Retail.

On returning from sleep, the firewire 400 port (PCI) doesn't wake requiring resetting the audio interface. Also system will occasionally loose sound output to firewire port although still connected requiring a another reset of audio interface.

Using a 6-Pin to 6-Pin firewire 400 cable seem to pick up excessive noise from the power carried by the cable, so to eliminate this use a 6-Pin to 4-Pin shielded firewire cable.

Hope this helps.

I've got a Profire 2626 as my main interface on my studio hack and it works perfectly. I have never had any issues with it.

I must note that I NEVER use sleep, I just shut the machine down when I'm not using it.

UAD APOLLO QUAD

Fully working!

Logic 9.1.7
Cubase 6.5
Ableton Live 8.3.3

Note:

Make sure you have the right CHIPSET CONTROLLER on your Firewire 800 Card! other wise it won't work on 800 Speed!
TI XIO2213 or
LSI FW643
Apollo Support Page

I had to buy a new one,
I live in Europe,and the FW-PCI-E card brands UAD Recommended where hard to get.
After a little Resource i found this card with the LSI FW643 Chipset

3 Port 2b 1a 1394 PCI Express FireWire Card Adapter | StarTech.com Europe

It works like a charm:)

I use a Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP and Ableton Live 8(latest vaersion) and no problem at all.

Also using Logic Pro 9 as my main DAW.

Problem With Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 Interface

Hello Sir,

I am facing Problem With My Hackintosh My Config Are
MOBO: GA Z77X UD3H
CPU: I5 2320
RAM: 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE
GPU: ATI RADEON HD 5670 1GB
HDD: 1TB WD 7200 RPM

The Problem Is After Connecting My SCarlett 8i6 & Installing My Mix Control On My System.
The No Device Connected Display Appears, Before That It Will Ask For Firmware Updates.
After Updating Firmware No Device Display Appears So What's The Solution For This Problem.

Thanks In Advance

Audio Interfaces.........

I can confirm the following with my Music Studio/DAW build - Lion (see signature for details):

Apogee Symphony I/O
--via USB
--via Apogee Symphony 64 PCIe card

Also currently in my setup & confirmed working:

Mackie Onyx 1220i Firewire Production Mixer (combo mixer & FW interface) - OoB - no drivers needed (Plug 'n' play)
Mackie Onyx Blackbird 1U FW interface - drivers required (download from Mackie web site)

IMPORTANT: For all you folks using M-Audio products. Don't know if you've seen/heard, but AVID just sold off their M-Audio division to InMusic (parent company for the Akai Professional, Alesis and Numark products). So just be advised going forward that drivers/support will probably no longer be at the AVID support site. Also, there may be some lag time for updated drivers, etc. from InMusic, as it may take their software/hardware dev engineers time to ramp up on supporting these products.

MOTU Track16 (via USB) works flawless in Mountain Lion

rme fireface uc

works without problems so far. logic9, adat, several analog synths - no crackling, no crash.

but imho that device is being close to overheat.

cheers

Hello all, im having issues with Maudio Delta 1010 (PCIe soundcard) on Mountain Lion.

Install the drivers and restart, however, the maudio delta control panel prog. opens with an error saying 'you can'y open the application... becuase Power PC applications are no longer supported"

Is there is fix for this somewhere inside of these Envy drivers I have seen, or is it time that I get a new soundcard that is known to be working?

My specs are as follows (although i doubt these are important, its just that mountain lion is phasing all the old stuff out!!)

Core i7 3770
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Corsair Vengence 16GB
Raedon HD6870
Generic 1TB HD
OCZ 60GB SSD
Fractal Designs Define R3

EDIT -

I also have a mbox 2 for my laptop, I have just installed the 'Mbox 2 9.0 driver' found here - http://secure.digidesign.com/services/avid/kb/downloads.cfm?digiArticleId=42493&localeCode=en

and all is working well.

Although this is working, it would be great to get the delta 1010 up and running as I can then use the Mbox 2 solely for my MBP.

Who got the PreSonus FP10 to work? I'm having a heck of a time with it! It will not sync up to my 10.7 Hackintosh...

Have you gone out and Bought a Firewire card that powers the firewire bus ??? Please check Presonus website and get a card with recommended firewire chipset, and put that in your Hack. Also go to Presonus website and download latest drivers for lion for your control panel. FP10 is firewire compliant with proper Firewire ports. (powered). I have succesfully ran and used all current and past Presonus audio interfaces on 10.6.8, 10.7.4, 10.8.1. Also check here on Tonymac forums for Firewire cards that work for your Hack.

Back