Contribute
Register

Confirmed Audio Interfaces (Hobbyist/Pro-sumer/Pro) & Drivers - Mac OS X

Re: Audio Interfaces.........

Anyone tried the M-Audio Audiophile 2496 pci card?

Just curious as I believe it uses same drivers as the Delta 192, which is on the list (with Envy drivers).

Hello,

I have problems whith my firestudio tube in Lion. iTunes show the message "Unknown problem -50". When I play any song it sounds with cracks and dropouts. In Snow Leopard it worked perfect.

Gigabyte Z68A-D3-B3
i7 2600
Ati Radeon 5000
Firewire PCI with a Texas Instruments Chipset.

I would stay away from m-audio if I were you. O have had two M-audio units a duo and a firewire 1814. Both had problems and both are not supported by M-audio anymore. Even though you can find both still being sold new! Thats my advice. I would look at Pre Sonus or MOTU I used a motu for years without one hiccup. Hope you do well.

Hello,

I have the Tascam FW-1884 and now it runs fine. I had to log onto tascam site to update the driver for 10.6.8 32-bit kernel. http://tascam.com/product/fw-1884/downloads/

I'm running Logic 9 and so far, so good!!
**I'd like to know if anyone with this similar system found an easy way to install a bluetooth and Wifi NIC?**

OSX 10.6.8
ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 Rev 1.3 F11
Intel i5 2500k 3.34Ghz
8 GB corsair vengeance 1600 DDR3
Hydro Series™ H60 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
ATI Radeon HD 6850 1Gb
WD 320GB HD

Thanks Stork,

I will check it out. I was concerned about BT driver issues.

Thanks again!!

I was using a Presonus Firebox.
I had problems recording through this... about every 5 - 10 minutes it would drop out and there was a bunch of fuzz(?) I can't really explain it but because of the interruption in recording it was rendered unfunctional on my Hack. Tried troubleshooting on the mac and used Logic and Garageband. Since I'm dual booting I went ahead and tried it on Windows. Didn't have any problems there using an old Pro Tools and Cubase.

Also, another problem I repeatedly faced was that the light on the firebox wouldn't turn blue on certain bootups. It was really annoying having to unplug and try to figure out what was going on and repeatedly restarting to try and catch the problem. Eventually, after about a month of trying to figure out what was going on I decided the Firewire was causing the problems since I eventually was able to render a Kernel Panic when messing around with the firewire/ updating drivers.

So off to craigslist I go! I went ahead and sold my Firebox and was able to buy a M Audio Fast Track Pro for the same price from someone else. Great success! Plugging in the Fast Track Pro everything has run flawlessly. I decided to choose the Fast Track Pro because a few of my friends use it and have no problems on their regular macs, even though this is a bit of a step down from the firewire interface to USB 2.0.

The Fast Track Pro is an interface that works with my setup and there hasn't any been any problems. I've recorded a full length CD and have done what I have to do with it, keep in mind that I'm an amateur... but the sound comes in and it does what I've paid for.
The bottom line might have been that I had a faulty firewire card, but updating the drivers or whatever presonus sent wasn't working and I've decided to ditch Firewire altogether when recording. Yeah, it has better data, response, latency and other stuff but unless your a pro... which I am assuming you aren't if your reading this... you really don't need it!

Shout out to Stork trying to help me with this as I messaged him a while back and he encouraged me to post my findings here! Thanks a bunch!

Who got the PreSonus FP10 to work? I'm having a heck of a time with it! It will not sync up to my 10.7 Hackintosh...

Is an external audio interface really required if I don't play on recording any audio? Are the d/a converters on motherboards good enough for outputting to studio monitors?

Don't forget DIGIDESIGN!

I have successfully built 3 machines on 10.6.8 running PT 10.1 and up to HD 4 (on PCIx cards) using the Jetway mobo. HD2 on pcie worked flawlessly, and HD2 on gigabyte boards works great as well.

I've tried Lion but you have to remove Digidal.kext to get it to boot without KP and that leaves you unable to use HD interfaces. You can safely use Pro Tools without Digidal.kext if you are not using Digidesign or Avid PCI, PCIe or PCIx cads.

For example, I use an RME FireFace 800 on Lion 10.7.3 with PT10 with complete production toolkit and works great :)

Back