Contribute
Register

Confirmed Audio Interfaces (Hobbyist/Pro-sumer/Pro) & Drivers - Mac OS X

I have a fresh installed Hackintosh macOs Catalina 10.15.4
Everything is working perfectly except my Audient iD4. It works on my MacBook Pro 13" Early 15, but when i connect it and turn on my Yamaha HS7, i just get weird sound artifacts. Its a really annoying noise and when i am moving my mouse around the artifacts are getting louder. I also tested it with another audio interface esi maya 22usb. Same problem. So maybe some audio drivers are missing or installed wrong. Did anyone experienced similar issues?

I have a fresh installed Hackintosh macOs Catalina 10.15.4
Everything is working perfectly except my Audient iD4. It works on my MacBook Pro 13" Early 15, but when i connect it and turn on my Yamaha HS7, i just get weird sound artifacts. Its a really annoying noise and when i am moving my mouse around the artifacts are getting louder. I also tested it with another audio interface esi maya 22usb. Same problem. So maybe some audio drivers are missing or installed wrong. Did anyone experienced similar issues?

So i fixed this problem. I had normal instrument cables plugged in to my studio monitors. They were unbalanced..
Just bought new balanced TRS cables and everything works perfectly.
So the Audient iD4 works perfectly with macOs Catalina 10.15.4

Hey dear fellows, i´m a Logic Pro X User on Catalina.
I use right now the new MOTU M2 with USB-C to USB 3 cable. First i had immense issues with 48KHZ. Simple solution: Dont use a usb2 port :)

But, when everything runs smoothly - u have to take chances: Slate Digital VRS8!
Because my MB has no thunderbolt2 input i purchased the asus thunderboltEX3 but couldnt get it to run. I searched anything and the only solution that should work, is to use windows10 and install drivers and firmware. Because i have no...no...and i really mean NO experience with windows, i decided to get me another MB with USB-C on the MB. Its on its way right now, and i hope it will work. I tested the interface with the USB-C to Thunderbolt2 adapter from apple, it worked on the 2018 MacBook Pro without problems. Thats why i´m optimistic to get it to work on my hackintosh.

Anyone here using the VRS8 with a hackintosh? What was your solutions? I bought it beacause of the ML1 Mic and the great AD/DA converter. A BIG update to the Motu M2.

greetz

T

Confirmed working - METRIC HALO ULN8 WITH 3D CARD & Metric Halo 2882 WITH 3D CARD (using MH link together or using a single unit) via ethernet. (currently on public beta 9). (once drivers are out of beta stage USB3 should be working properly - but last I checked there were still a few issues)

You must use additional dedicated NIC - MH recommens 'INTEL I210' (this is what they use for testing) connected only to the MH unit. .... ...
OR a local gigibit switch dedicated only to the machine running the MH units (MH unit to switch, mainboard NIC to switch - switch to main LAN router).

I went with a dedicated NIC - works perfect.

NOTE: MH units that connect via Firewire (already listed) are NOT 3d Card units (3d upgrade replaces a physical board that housed the firewire connection- in otherwords.... 3d only connects via ethernet or USB3).

Presonus Quantum 2626 with the Gigabyte Z390 Designare, Mojave 10.14.6. I bought it as there was already an user in the big CaseySJ thread mentioning that it worked for him

Lowest RTL I had ever seen since the PCI days (Echo Mia, Audiophile 2496). No clicks, no pops, flawless (no hardware direct monitoring however, you absolutely need a DAW to monitor the inputs). 32 buffers for small-medium projects in Reaper or Studio One... Even at 128, the RTL is still acceptable.

I’ve repurposed my Focusrite 18i20 Gen2 as an ADAT source to add 8 more channels in case I need it. BTW, the Focusrite Scarlett’s worked fine for me too...

Antelope discrete 8 synergy core thunderbolt work but !!

This comes from the fact that it is necessary to generate a ROM address with Clover (Rt variables/config.plist (from SMBIOS)) so that the Antelope Launcher can connect to its server!!! Otherwise the card is well detected in Thunderbolt but it does not activate !!

PS: This must be valid for all Thunderbolt audio Antelopes that pass through the Launcher

Hi, can anyone confirm if the Presonus Quantum 2626 works OK with Monterey please?
Unfortunately, it wouldn’t help you: it works for me on Mojave with a Z390 Designare. Is the Z490 TB4 or TB3? Did you test it with Windows first?

Someone had it working on a Designare Z390 and Monterey but he had to enable Apple VTD: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/monterey-presonus-quantum-2626.317897/#post-2314835

*Catalina but it could help you too as this user had to to something else: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...io-interface-help.226705/page-34#post-2192304

In my case, I knew that the 2626 had been reported working fine with my exact board so it was plug’n’play.

**This user is reporting that it works in Monterey but with an old Universal Control and he has a X299 chipset.

I think that even in Windows, Thunderbolt Audio Interfaces could be hit and miss…

***Like this one, in the same thread, Big Sur and Gigabyte 490 Vision G NUBI-OC, choppy playback!

Back