Contribute
Register

Confirmed Audio Interfaces (Hobbyist/Pro-sumer/Pro) & Drivers - Mac OS X

Hello, I'm looking for a sound card, eventl PCI RME?

I use 10.14.6

I need min, 8 outputs more are better (16), which is the right one sound card for my Hackintosh?

i use Clover
i have this components
Motherboard Z170x
CPU i7-6700K Graphics HD 530
Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-15 um 18.19.56.png

Thanks for some Tipps

Short story, I'm new to Hackintosh. I bought a WIN10 / Mojave computer.

Yesterday:
In the beginning, only sound was onboard. He only recognized mouse and keyboard.

After some time, we have set 6 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3 with Hacintool.

He has also recognized midi controller but no sound card, or the interface what I wanted to use is a Behringer Xenyx UFX1604 USB Firewire mixer.

The was not recognized, with different cables went through all ports.
I cant use it :(

I thought about reselling the computer.

But I also own a MPC Live with software.

Then I came up with the idea as I'm told in the MPC manual (always use it as an interface)

I start the MPC software, and connected the MPC in controller mode.

Software says reinstal and instal new.

After I did that:
tada
Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-15 um 11.36.28.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-15 um 11.36.48.png

Edit:1
Plz. Update List: MPC Live, Behringer xenyx ufx1604 USB
Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-15 um 22.52.43.png

Last edited:
Hello guys.
Im have read the most part of the post about thunderbolt and Antelope Audio interfaces.

I have the Antelope Zen Tour and works via USB but not Thunderbolt.

My thunderbolt seems to be corrected installed working with UAD, HDs etc..

i have tested 3 other Antelope interfaces (Orion , Discrete,....) and just the same error in the boot time.

First of all, did you know at this point if any Antelope Inteface works via Thunderbolt in Hackintosh?

I attach here

I have mounted maybe more than 20 hacks this past 6 years, all kind of ways, laptops, AIO , desktop...
with TH1-TH2, TH3.... With the Asus TH3 Ex Pcie, With the Gigabyte Alpine Ridge, Gigabyte Titan Ridge....

Any ways...
All the Uads from me and my friends works out of the box.
Antelope nop. I have tried calling and chatting with the Antelope team and they don't understand that they are loosing clients and money . and would be easier for all of us if their team gets a hand in these....

Do you think that UAD don't know about Hackintosh users??? jajaja
im totally sure that they allowed us to use their interfaces... because their wants to sell , not to kiss apple backs xD

what do you think about guys ?

its there any way that us fix that "connection" error?

thanks to all.

regards

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 201
Hello guys.
Im have read the most part of the post about thunderbolt and Antelope Audio interfaces.

i have tested 3 other Antelope interfaces (Orion , Discrete,....) and just the same error in the boot time.

First of all, did you know at this point if any Antelope Inteface works via Thunderbolt in Hackintosh?

I attach here

I have mounted maybe more than 20 hacks this past 6 years, all kind of ways, laptops, AIO , desktop...
with TH1-TH2, TH3.... With the Asus TH3 Ex Pcie, With the Gigabyte Alpine Ridge, Gigabyte Titan Ridge....

Any ways...
Antelope nop. I have tried calling and chatting with the Antelope team and they don't understand that they are loosing clients and money . and would be easier for all of us if their team gets a hand in these....

im totally sure that they allowed us to use their interfaces... because their wants to sell , not to kiss apple backs xD

thanks to all.

regards
The Antelope thunderbolt devices rely on so called 'local node' mode and that's a nut the community has yet to crack. If you want manufacturer support, use with a supported system.

The Antelope thunderbolt devices rely on so called 'local node' mode and that's a nut the community has yet to crack. If you want manufacturer support, use with a supported system.
So, there isnt any way to get it working??
I know what are you trying to say, but maybe we could try make it work :( no?

So, there isnt any way to get it working?? I know what are you trying to say, but maybe we could try make it work :( no?
So, there isnt any way to get it working?? I know what are you trying to say, but maybe we could try make it work :( no?

It may happen, but don't count on it happening soon. Unless you want to devote the time? I expect you have other work to do. So do I, which is why I went with an interface that works out of the box.

If you want to use an Antelope your best bet is a DigiLink or MADI connection.

Hello, I'm looking for a sound card, eventl PCI RME?

I have an RME PCIe RayDAT card, and although it's expensive, it's a true pro level card with expertly written drivers and minimal latency that will last you an entire career. I've had mine about 6 years, and it's faultless on windows and every hack since my first, which I think was like mountain lion or something?! It's been with me through three machines. Mine is digital inputs only, so it's paired with more gear, but I would buy any RME device, especially PCIe in full confidence. I think they make a PCIe with some analouge ins and outs as well. Heck, i'd even trust their USB 2.0 devices to work flawlessly. My biggest regret in life was not getting one years earlier because of the price. It's 100% money well spent with fantastic working history with hackintosh machines, without the ballache of Thunderbolt. With confirmation of PCIe back on mac pro as well, it's likely the RME PCIe cards may well remain useful much longer as well.

Hello guys.

I attach here

Any ways...

thanks to all.

regards

Hi there! Which UAD device and connector are you using? Are you able to power-on your UAD Thunderbolt interface and have it connect after your hack is already booted? Can you turn off the power to the UAD, turn it back on and get this as proof of re-connection?

Connecting to UAD via Thunderbolt 3 to 2 dongle.png

Attachments

• Universal Apollo 8 Quad Thunderbolt 2.png
    Universal Apollo 8 Quad Thunderbolt 2.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 199
hey! UAD Works normally without any problem.
I have tested many of them and also works the Hot Plug for all of my builds

Hi Guys, I have a Focusrite Scarlet Solo, and it's working ok on macOS Catalina 10.15.3

Back