Contribute
Register

Confirmed Audio Interfaces (Hobbyist/Pro-sumer/Pro) & Drivers - Mac OS X

Hi,
I have installed an RME HDSPe MADI PCIe in High Sierra both 10.13.2 and 10.13.5 UEFI partitions, and even if everything is detected and seems to work alright, I cannot record any audio (Converters are Antelope Orion32HD) ! Both in Logic and in Mixbus...
And apparently no sound from my system, nothing is showing up in Total Mix either..
But in Windows 10 everything works flawlessly, so hardware is not at fault.
i7-7700 non-k, intel HD630, Asus h110 M32CD4-K

EDIT: Got it working great on my old hack: El capitan 10.11.6 and GA-X58A-UD5... puzzled here...

FINAL EDIT: OK! Changed my motherboard to an ASUS Prime Z270-A and it is rocking (High Sierra 10.13.5)! RME MADI PCIe is working as it should be: incredible stable and having great performances :D Hope this can help someone if in doubt.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a solution for low latency audio on a budget to work with osx and win10 (only usb 3.1, no thunderbolt, maybe firewire via pcie card).

Anyone with Audient id4 working on high sierra?

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten Antelope Audio products ie Orion Studio to work over thunderbolt with any Z270 or Z370 builds?

Hi all,

I plan to connect my hackintosh to my NAD C356 BEE DAC to get amazing sound. This amplifer was previously connected to my iMac and was outstanding.
Here is the amplifier: https://www.cnet.com/products/nad-c356bee-dac-amplifier/specs/
The DAC seems to be (as I am not an expert ;-) ) a DAC Burr-Brown TI PCM1796

As I am really a newbee in sound system who is going to tell me whether this DAC is hackintosh compatible? I already anticipate a few hour to make him work, unless there is no way to succeed :)

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

I plan to connect my hackintosh to my NAD C356 BEE DAC to get amazing sound. This amplifer was previously connected to my iMac and was outstanding.

If it is a class compliant USB device and did run on the iMac then I assume it should work with your Hackintosh as well. I mean, I don't know your specific DAC but I personally never had any issues with class compliant USB devices and my Hackintosh.

The Roland Rubix 22 audio interface works great under Mojave (10.14).

Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1:
Still working in Mojave! :)

I'm looking for a solution for low latency audio on a budget to work with osx and win10 (only usb 3.1, no thunderbolt, maybe firewire via pcie card).

Anyone with Audient id4 working on high sierra?
Just work fine on High Sierra and on Mojave
At least when you talk about id14 ;-)
for others... iD22 works fine too

Antelope Audio interfaces work on USB without any problem, not on Thunderbolt!
RME Babyface works fine

Back