Contribute
Register

Confirmed Audio Interfaces (Hobbyist/Pro-sumer/Pro) & Drivers - Mac OS X

Re: Audio Interfaces.........

lulraep said:
Apogee Ensemble. working perfectly on 10.6.6 w/ texas instruments firewire chipset.

Hi guys!

Could anyone here recomend me a custom build hackintosh that is proven to work perfectly with the Apogee Duet audio firewire interface? This is the only audio interface i have and i need to be sure about no having problems at all.

3) I've about $700 (even $800 if it's worth) to invest in this custom build.

I was thinking about buying the custom build No.1 by Tonymacx86:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/02/ ... d-lga.html

Will it be ok?

but as i said, i prefer if someone tell me about a system that is proven to work with the Apogee duet.

Trust me, i appreciate your fast advice!

Sicerely, i will consider donating for your great help and support.

(I'm in a big hurry!)

diegone65, it should be a good, working entry level system, but it will depend upon the audio recording application you'll be using. If it's for personal recording (just you fooling around), you'll be OK with GarageBand which is what I use with a PreSonus Inspire. The more sophisticated audio programs will probably need Build 3 horsepower.

I just saw Newegg has an open box version of the ga-h55m-ud2h MB for $70 USD plus $7.60 USD shipping.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=gigabyte+ga-h55m-ud2h&x=18&y=36

Newegg also has the Build #1 memory on sale. http://promotions.newegg.com/neemail/mar-0-2011/allstars31/index-landing.html?nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL033111&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL033111-_-EMC-033111-Index-_-E0A-_-CORSAIRMemory

Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 here, im sure its gonna work via the onboard FW on my H57M-USB3 board. My CustoMac will be up in running in the next day or two...
If it doesnt work, ill be posting back here!!! :mrgreen:

TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6 running fine here.

Specs:
q6600
bad axe 2
6gb ram
xfx geforce 9400 gt fanless
mobo sound disabled

installed 10.6.2 via tonymacx86 guide with multibeast.. used no kexts.. worked great, upgraded to 10.6.7, everything is running perfectly

thanks so much!

Two cheap ones (that can do the job for some!):
* Behringer UCA 202 (USB)
* Behringer FCA 202 (FW)

Just FYI I just purchased a Presonus Audiobox USB for our church and plugged it into a Hackintosh. It requires no drivers as it is natively compliant with Mac USB audio. It just worked and worked very well. In my preliminary trials, it inputs very high quality audio and the output is excellent. For $149 on Amazon, it's a very good deal.

MOTU Microbook

It says the motu hd192 is supported. I think it might be more accurate to say the motu PCI/e 424 is supported, In the sense that if the pcie card is supported then all the interfaces that plug into it are:
1296/308/1224/24io/hd192 and the 2408 mk1 mk2 mk3.
Of course this is a matter of opinion or possibly a matter of degrees.

I tested an Apogee Duet 2 last night with Pro Tools 9 and it works just fine.

Back