Motherboard
GA Z170X-Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mobile Phone
Android
Hello, I'm looking for a sound card, eventl PCI RME?
I have an RME PCIe RayDAT card, and although it's expensive, it's a true pro level card with expertly written drivers and minimal latency that will last you an entire career. I've had mine about 6 years, and it's faultless on windows and every hack since my first, which I think was like mountain lion or something?! It's been with me through three machines. Mine is digital inputs only, so it's paired with more gear, but I would buy any RME device, especially PCIe in full confidence. I think they make a PCIe with some analouge ins and outs as well. Heck, i'd even trust their USB 2.0 devices to work flawlessly. My biggest regret in life was not getting one years earlier because of the price. It's 100% money well spent with fantastic working history with hackintosh machines, without the ballache of Thunderbolt. With confirmation of PCIe back on mac pro as well, it's likely the RME PCIe cards may well remain useful much longer as well.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Classic, iBook, iMac, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra, SE/30
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello guys.
Im have read the most part of the post about thunderbolt and Antelope Audio interfaces.

I have the Antelope Zen Tour and works via USB but not Thunderbolt.

My thunderbolt seems to be corrected installed working with UAD, HDs etc..

i have tested 3 other Antelope interfaces (Orion , Discrete,....) and just the same error in the boot time.

First of all, did you know at this point if any Antelope Inteface works via Thunderbolt in Hackintosh?

I attach here

I have mounted maybe more than 20 hacks this past 6 years, all kind of ways, laptops, AIO , desktop...
with TH1-TH2, TH3.... With the Asus TH3 Ex Pcie, With the Gigabyte Alpine Ridge, Gigabyte Titan Ridge....

Any ways...
All the Uads from me and my friends works out of the box.
Antelope nop. I have tried calling and chatting with the Antelope team and they don't understand that they are loosing clients and money . and would be easier for all of us if their team gets a hand in these....

Do you think that UAD don't know about Hackintosh users??? jajaja
im totally sure that they allowed us to use their interfaces... because their wants to sell , not to kiss apple backs xD

what do you think about guys ?

its there any way that us fix that "connection" error?

thanks to all.

regards
Hi there! Which UAD device and connector are you using? Are you able to power-on your UAD Thunderbolt interface and have it connect after your hack is already booted? Can you turn off the power to the UAD, turn it back on and get this as proof of re-connection?

Connecting to UAD via Thunderbolt 3 to 2 dongle.png

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i9 9960X
Graphics
MSI AMD Radeon VII 16 GB GDDR5
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
hey! UAD Works normally without any problem.
I have tested many of them and also works the Hot Plug for all of my builds

Motherboard
Asus ROG Maximus Hero IX
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hi Guys, I have a Focusrite Scarlet Solo, and it's working ok on macOS Catalina 10.15.3

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M GAMING
CPU
Core i5-9600K
Graphics
Sapphire RX 570 Pulse 8GB
I have a fresh installed Hackintosh macOs Catalina 10.15.4
Everything is working perfectly except my Audient iD4. It works on my MacBook Pro 13" Early 15, but when i connect it and turn on my Yamaha HS7, i just get weird sound artifacts. Its a really annoying noise and when i am moving my mouse around the artifacts are getting louder. I also tested it with another audio interface esi maya 22usb. Same problem. So maybe some audio drivers are missing or installed wrong. Did anyone experienced similar issues?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M GAMING
CPU
Core i5-9600K
Graphics
Sapphire RX 570 Pulse 8GB
I have a fresh installed Hackintosh macOs Catalina 10.15.4
Everything is working perfectly except my Audient iD4. It works on my MacBook Pro 13" Early 15, but when i connect it and turn on my Yamaha HS7, i just get weird sound artifacts. Its a really annoying noise and when i am moving my mouse around the artifacts are getting louder. I also tested it with another audio interface esi maya 22usb. Same problem. So maybe some audio drivers are missing or installed wrong. Did anyone experienced similar issues?
So i fixed this problem. I had normal instrument cables plugged in to my studio monitors. They were unbalanced..
Just bought new balanced TRS cables and everything works perfectly.
So the Audient iD4 works perfectly with macOs Catalina 10.15.4

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z370 H-Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey dear fellows, i´m a Logic Pro X User on Catalina.
I use right now the new MOTU M2 with USB-C to USB 3 cable. First i had immense issues with 48KHZ. Simple solution: Dont use a usb2 port :)

But, when everything runs smoothly - u have to take chances: Slate Digital VRS8!
Because my MB has no thunderbolt2 input i purchased the asus thunderboltEX3 but couldnt get it to run. I searched anything and the only solution that should work, is to use windows10 and install drivers and firmware. Because i have no...no...and i really mean NO experience with windows, i decided to get me another MB with USB-C on the MB. Its on its way right now, and i hope it will work. I tested the interface with the USB-C to Thunderbolt2 adapter from apple, it worked on the 2018 MacBook Pro without problems. Thats why i´m optimistic to get it to work on my hackintosh.

Anyone here using the VRS8 with a hackintosh? What was your solutions? I bought it beacause of the ML1 Mic and the great AD/DA converter. A BIG update to the Motu M2.

greetz

T