CPU
Core i5 4690K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 970 (eVGA ACX 2.0)
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
M-Audio M-Track Quad (USB) works very well. My build called Flonne runs it with Logic Pro X and Garage Band and it's great. Don't remember if it's class compliant, but M-Audio has drivers for Mavericks on their website. The interface is pretty much what you'd expect from a USB interface. 4 combi XLR/TRS inputs, Hi-Z switch for instruments, zero latency monitoring, a direct/USB mixing pot, phantom power, 4x hardware insert jacks. 24/96 is pretty nice and it has 4 line outputs so you can switch between pairs of monitors.

The included Pro Tools Express software not so compatible - it's based on PT 10.3.4 and isn't officially qualified for Mavericks.

Avid Mbox Mini 3rd gen also works, but it's been discontinued so probably not worth listing.

Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
E5-2697v3
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac, Xserve
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I can confirm that the Phonic Helix Board 24 functions via FireWire in OS X. Using it on my Mac Pro 1,1 with Mavericks under Pro Tools, Logic 9 and Audition. Takes a bit of configuring in Audio MIDI Setup, but works like a dream.

Motherboard
OSX 10 / WIN 8.1
CPU
i5 2500k
Graphics
GTX 580
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
I can confirm that the M Audio Delta 1010 PCI card works in Snow Leopard and Lion but is not recognised in Mountain Lion.
Hence I have not made the move to Mountain Lion yet until I get a new audio interface.

The Envy drivers are no longer being updated afaik.

http://www.audio-evolution.com/drivers/

Motherboard
GA-Z97M-D3H
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
intel hd4600
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
No suprises here:

Focusrite Scarlett 18i6: Fully working in Mountain Lion.
Motu Ultralite Mk3: Usb confirmed working. No firewire to test on this hackbook.
Hercules dj console 4-mx - working 100% in mountain lion.

As (always), best results in usb 2.0 ports. This applies to windows systems alike, not a hackbook issue.

Both cards working correctly in DAW software- tested Ableton, Cubase and Reason.

After testing both cards in my home studio- i would not recommend the Motu. After 7 months the soundcard LCD screen has malfunctioned, making software GUI only way to use all features of the card. A VERY common ultralite mk3 problem. As far as sound quality, the scarlett's mic inputs are much better than the motu. On windows the motu drivers are not completly stable, better on OSX.
Enjoy.

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
Core i3-7100
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Apple, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
CPU
2 x 2 GHz
Mac
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi guys,

I have a Digidesign 003 Rack Factory (firewire) and works perfect !

Using AVID Pro Tools 8.04

Intel Core i7 870 2.93 Ghz
PNY GeForce 9800 gts 1GB
ASUS P7P55 WS Supercomputer
Patriot 4 GB DDR3 RAM
Snow Leopard 10.6.6
Western Digital Black Caviar 250 GB SATA
LDC 21" Acer DVI

:thumbup: :beachball:
Hi wduranpr,

Thanks for sharing your set up that works as a charm.

Mine is currently based on:
----------------------------------------
Digidesign "M box 2 Factory" (USB)
+
Digidesign "Pro Tools LE 8.0.0."
+
Digidesign "CommandI8".
+
Apple Power Mac G5 "Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.8."
---------------------------------------
04-AboutThisMac.jpg
For the moment, I did not started my build because I want to be 100 % sure of all the configuration and compatibility. Just waiting...

AVID explains on his web site:
Pro Tools LE 8.0.5 for Mac OS X supports the following operating systems:
Mac OS X Snow Leopard
Mac OS X Leopard
03-ProTools-8.0.5-Update.jpg

Have a nice evening.

Nikostudio

Motherboard
Asus TUF Sabertooth X99
CPU
Intel Core i7 5950k @ 4.4Ghz
Graphics
Radeon RX Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Anybody knows of a PCI Express Sound Card for Yosemite?

I want to hook up my DirectTV to hear audio from my DVR in my computer's speakers.

This card seems nice because it has optical input

I think this card would do the trick:

MAYA44 XTe

However, it's not produced anymore.

Has anybody tried ESI cards on Yosemite?

I REALLY want something that works out of the box, in the PCI Express lane, not an external USB Sound card.

Thanks

BoomR

Motherboard
Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Apple, Performa, Power Mac, Quadra
Mobile Phone
Android
Anybody knows of a PCI Express Sound Card for Yosemite?

I want to hook up my DirectTV to hear audio from my DVR in my computer's speakers.

This card seems nice because it has optical input

I think this card would do the trick:

MAYA44 XTe

However, it's not produced anymore.

Has anybody tried ESI cards on Yosemite?

I REALLY want something that works out of the box, in the PCI Express lane, not an external USB Sound card.

Thanks
What's wrong with the optical connection (or analog for that matter) of your motherboard's built-in sound card? If all you're going to do is listen to the DTV audio on your computer speakers, the on-board audio capabilities of your mobo should be just fine IMHO.

Unless you've got some serious audiophile speakers hooked up to your computer (or recording studio monitors), spending a lot of $$ on a sound card is sort of a waste of $$ (plus the challenges of trying to find something that's compatible for CustoMac).

For that matter, there are TONS of kick-a$$ USB "sound cards" for $125-$200 range - in the Mac world, we call the "audio interfaces" (hence the topic of this thread). Many of those will work right OoB with no drivers, or with drivers that by now are Yosemite compatible.

Motherboard
Gigabyte X99 SOC-Force, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz
CPU
Intel i7 5930K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 980
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Classic
Mobile Phone
iOS
Can you guys recommend a Yosemite USB/PCIe audio interface? I'd rather not spend more than $150 and only need standard in/out support. Having issues getting my X99 Yosemite onboard to work so this may be the way to go.

BoomR

Motherboard
Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Apple, Performa, Power Mac, Quadra
Mobile Phone
Android
Can you guys recommend a Yosemite USB/PCIe audio interface? I'd rather not spend more than $150 and only need standard in/out support. Having issues getting my X99 Yosemite onboard to work so this may be the way to go.
I'd recommend looking at some of the small/portable interfaces from either Focusrite or Apogee. I believe they are now officially supported in Yosemite. I also think MOTU has a small form-factor USB interface that would provide you with some basic functionality.

Just curious, what is your use case? The on-board audio for basic music listening through computer speakers should be more than fine.