CPU
Graphics
Geforce 660Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Digi 002 console all working perfectly in PT 11 on my hackintosh. Also, my Presonus firestudio mobile is working flawlessly too :)

Both running off an Siig firewire PCI card btw (can't remember the model number but it's 2 external and 1 internal)

Motherboard
GA-Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i7-4771
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
eMac, iMac, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android
on my digi 003 rack, when playing audio (youtube, itunes, or logic for exemple), on the first core of my i7 Kernel_Task hits from 20% to 50%. When the DAW is closed and no audio through, kernel task drops at 4 to 5%.

after some research, real Macs are having the same issue with Mavericks.

The digi 002 & 003 drivers are "for 10.9 and 10.9.1 only" (cf official driver web page), so I might try to downgrade as I am running 10.9.2 to see if it is more stable.

Any of you experienced this?

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Graphics
Geforce 660Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Just had a look on the duc and it looks like it's a problem with the version 11 driver rather than OS version. There's a guy using pro tools 8 on 10.8.3 who's getting this issue too.

Maybe uninstall the driver and reinstall? It looks like it's an issue between the Avid Driver and Core Audio. Explains why my mbp is getting so hot when PT is open.

Motherboard
GA-Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i7-4771
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
eMac, iMac, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android
I already reinstall the driver and basic stuff.

The digi 002 & 003 are quite old now, I don't know if avid will continue the support for very long, gonna sell my digi and buy something new as soon as possible !

And yes, this kernel_task CPU usage increase CPU heat, so decrease durability, and stuff.. Not good

Motherboard
CPU
2.16 Core 2 Duo
Graphics
Intel 950
Mac
MacBook
Classic Mac
Power Mac

Can any members please confirm if they use the following PCI-E sound cards from ESI in their Hackintosh DAW?
I can confirm that my ESI MAYA44e (PCIe) works using ESI driver version 1.08 in Mavericks 10.9.3.

bry

Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD7-B3
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 550Ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi guys,
I'm trying to figure out which interface is more stable with Hackintosh. Trying to choose between the Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 and the RME Fireface 800.

I've seen a lot more stability complaints for the Saffire on here compared to the Fireface. Is this still the case?