CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
Asus Rog Strix 5700XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a problem with my hackintosh when I leave it standing unattended for a short while (10-15minutes). If I come back to my machine it is a bit stuttery and takes about 30 seconds until it runs smoothly. I have "computer sleep" switched to never and my screen display turns off after 30 minutes. It also crashes my Final Cut X during this stuttering period. I was thinking this might have to do with me not using the correct smBIOS. I am currently on iMac 27 Late 2013. Should I be on a different option? Mac Pro? or possibly newer iMac? Is the smBIOS even the problem here??

My system is
CPU - Intel i7 6700
GPU - GTX 1070
Ram - 32GB DRR4
Motherboard - H170

Thanks in advance for your help.

I don't have a solution, but I have the same issue! I thought it was because of display sleep or hard disk sleep but changing those values don't seem to do anything. Every single time, after leaving the computer for a couple minutes, trying to use it again is a slow horrible laggy mess for 30-60 seconds before it gets back to normal.

My system
CPU: Intel i5 6600k
GPU: GTX 1060
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Mobo: ASUS Z-170P
SMBIOS: iMac17,1

Ok well I updated my smBIOS to a iMac17,1 and after limited testing, have found that it is not laggy at all. Just remember to use the link below when updating you smBIOS to the iMac17,1 otherwise you might get a black screen during the booting up of your OS.

AGDPfix - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

The easiest way I found to disable the SIP was through clover configurater - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-cant-disable-sip-el-capitan.176151/

**** - after typing this all out I see that you are already on iMac17,1. Hopefully someone else has some advice!!

I don't have a solution, but I have the same issue! I thought it was because of display sleep or hard disk sleep but changing those values don't seem to do anything. Every single time, after leaving the computer for a couple minutes, trying to use it again is a slow horrible laggy mess for 30-60 seconds before it gets back to normal.

My system
CPU: Intel i5 6600k
GPU: GTX 1060
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Mobo: ASUS Z-170P
SMBIOS: iMac17,1

This might help.

This seems to have fixed it for me, thanks! Will have to do some more testing but so far so good after running

Code:
launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.mediaanalysisd.plist

This also worked for in the end. No more lagging and my Final Cut was not crashing anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back