Motherboard
HP 250 G5 (81EF) Clover UEFI
CPU
i3 5005u
Graphics
HD 5500 (1366x768)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello all. I have hackintoshed an old Acer Aspire and in the graphics settings on Clover Configurator, I have to inject my custom EDID to make the ATI Radeon HD 5650 work. However, every time I start the machine up, the "Inject EDID" option is unchecked so I have to go to the graphics injector menu on Clover to check it, then I can boot with full QE/CI support. I tried saving the config.plist to the USB and the HDD and the same problem happens. Any help please?
Thanks.

Hello all. I have hackintoshed an old Acer Aspire and in the graphics settings on Clover Configurator, I have to inject my custom EDID to make the ATI Radeon HD 5650 work. However, every time I start the machine up, the "Inject EDID" option is unchecked so I have to go to the graphics injector menu on Clover to check it, then I can boot with full QE/CI support. I tried saving the config.plist to the USB and the HDD and the same problem happens. Any help please?
Thanks.

Must set config.plist/Graphics/InjectEDID=true.

Thanks for your reply! This is what it looks like. Is anything obvious that is wrong?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 21.45.27.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 21.45.27.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 477
  • Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 21.48.27.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 21.48.27.png
    34 KB · Views: 430
Thanks for your reply! This is what it looks like. Is anything obvious that is wrong?

Not possible to tell from that snippet. Upload entire config.plist if you expect analysis.

Here it is.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 382
had this problem once and took me a few to figure out what was going on and what happened and any how while I was rushing through the clover installer I installed clover in either I can't remember now but it was one way or the other installed UEFI when I needed legacy and I was modifying the legacy and the UEFI was overriding my changes and it took me a while to figure out it was my own error due to rushing this may be your issue as well and likely is

Here it is.

Your EDID data in config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Custom is invalid. EDID is 128 bytes. Your data is 134 bytes, so something is clearly wrong about it.

And it would only work (with correct EDID data) if your Clover is new enough to support config.plist/Graphics/EDID.
Older versions of Clover use config.plist/Graphics/InjectEDID=true and config.plist/Graphics/CustomEDID=<edid data>.

I used EDID Manager on Windows to copy and paste the hex data to a text document then I pasted the data to the config.plist file and the graphics works fine. I don't understand how I got it wrong.

I used EDID Manager on Windows to copy and paste the hex data to a text document then I pasted the data to the config.plist file and the graphics works fine. I don't understand how I got it wrong.

Clearly, you copied the wrong data. If you look at the data you have in your config.plist, you can see very obviously it is wrong. Unless you seriously believe that EDID begins with 0123456789...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back