Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Note: I'm moving from Clover to OpenCore and setting up the config.plist

I'm wondering if these fields are required within OpenCore. See Screenshot.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Release_Configuration_.png
    Release_Configuration_.png
    423.2 KB · Views: 1,020
Note: I'm moving from Clover to OpenCore and setting up the config.plist

I'm wondering if these fields are required within OpenCore. See Screenshot.

Thanks!

Hi there.

I think the thing to bear in mind here is that nothing has changed in this regard between Clover and OpenCore. Yes, there is now a second panel in the PlaformInfo section of OpenCore Configurator, but the basics all still need to be there are they were in Clover. Check out @P1LGRIM 's Guide here for in depth details on those (if you haven't already):

The reason for this is because the details are being injected into the area of memory a real Mac would store them in. You miss something out and things stop working.

:)

Hi there.

I think the thing to bear in mind here is that nothing has changed in this regard between Clover and OpenCore. Yes, there is now a second panel in the PlaformInfo section of OpenCore Configurator, but the basics all still need to be there are they were in Clover. Check out @P1LGRIM 's Guide here for in depth details on those (if you haven't already):

The reason for this is because the details are being injected into the area of memory a real Mac would store them in. You miss something out and things stop working.

:)
Cool. iMessage is working fine now with my clover setup. Is there a way to import or convert my current clover setting to OpenCore?

I have not found anything details on that.

Cool. iMessage is working fine now with my clover setup. Is there a way to import or convert my current clover setting to OpenCore?

I have not found anything details on that.

Good news.

No, not that I'm aware of. Manually copy the information from config.plist to config.plist. It's only a bit of text editing. No additional kexts or drivers involved. The trick is to be accurate or Apple - especially more recently - will lock your AppleID in a blink. As your hardware hasn't changed I don't suppose you've changed your System-Definition. Which is good.

Good news.

No, not that I'm aware of. Manually copy the information from config.plist to config.plist. It's only a bit of text editing. No additional kexts or drivers involved. The trick is to be accurate or Apple - especially more recently - will lock your AppleID in a blink. As your hardware hasn't changed I don't suppose you've changed your System-Definition. Which is good.
Thanks... I was able to get the OS to boot in OpenCore after I disable the secure boot option.

Next.. ill update to BigSur.

And we got success to BigSur!

Another question. Performance wise.. Do you check yours systems with Geekbench or other tools? How does someone tell if they are getting max performance out of your hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back