Contribute
Register

Conexant Audio CX8150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey mate. I am not sure about your pin config but alc latest supports it . If not, you can try mine I had to compile for my system.

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    747.3 KB · Views: 317
Hey mate. I am not sure about your pin config but alc latest supports it . If not, you can try mine I had to compile for my system.

Hi, I have audio working for a while now since another user gave me his config.plist + AppleALC (1.3.2).

When I update AppleALC.kext to 1.3.9 it breaks audio, I don't understand how they tie together or if any changes are made to the kext?

It does look like AppleALC should support it.

Config.plist properties:

Screenshot 2019-07-20 at 11.37.22.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.8 KB · Views: 317
  • AppleALC.kext.zip
    747.3 KB · Views: 277
Hi, I have audio working for a while now since another user gave me his config.plist + AppleALC (1.3.2).

When I update AppleALC.kext to 1.3.9 it breaks audio, I don't understand how they tie together or if any changes are made to the kext?

It does look like AppleALC should support it.

Config.plist properties:

View attachment 417517

Hey, that's good news. If your previous alc works, then there is no need to update it. Again, though you have 8150, the pin config might differ depending on the hardware. I had the same issue that my custom alc worked fine and the latest did not though our 8150 is listed as being supported.

Hey, that's good news. If your previous alc works, then there is no need to update it. Again, though you have 8150, the pin config might differ depending on the hardware. I had the same issue that my custom alc worked fine and the latest did not though our 8150 is listed as being supported.

Yea if it ain't broke don't fix it! Your AppleALC also works perfectly for me.
Yours is 1.3.3 so I already did a small upgrade lol.

Yea if it ain't broke don't fix it! Your AppleALC also works perfectly for me.
Yours is 1.3.3 so I already did a small upgrade lol.
Hey. hate to beat a dead horse but have you updated and tried catalina? I noticed on beta 8 my audio got broken. Not sure what changed but it worked fine until now :-/

Hey. hate to beat a dead horse but have you updated and tried catalina? I noticed on beta 8 my audio got broken. Not sure what changed but it worked fine until now :-/

No I'm still using Mojave, I think I'll wait a while until everything's stable.

Have you got it to work yet? I know someone got it to work with the kext I posted above and -alcbeta option in config.plist

I would like to get the latest version of AppleALC working, is there a comprehensive tutorial available on how to do that.

Have you got it to work yet? I know someone got it to work with the kext I posted above and -alcbeta option in config.plist

I would like to get the latest version of AppleALC working, is there a comprehensive tutorial available on how to do that.
It was only not working during beta 8. Has been working since then. ty with:without lilu and alc flags

Hi again. have you tried big sur? ive got all running except my mic broke! It was working prior to big sur. Not sure what happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back