Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Mirone, having a hard time getting this one working. The dump is identical to the 20724 as near as I can tell so I used your 20724 kext and modded the hardware IDs, but it's still a no go. Any chance you could take a look?

Attachments

• codec_dump_Dell7568.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 192
Hey Mirone, having a hard time getting this one working. The dump is identical to the 20724 as near as I can tell so I used your 20724 kext and modded the hardware IDs, but it's still a no go. Any chance you could take a look?

Did you patch ACPI as required for AppleHDA?

Did you patch ACPI as required for AppleHDA?

I'm using clover to inject the HDAS to HDEF patch and the layout ID (3 in this case). The nodes are the same between the codecs and I've triple checked my adjustments to the kext. There must be a subtle difference that I'm overlooking.

I'm using clover to inject the HDAS to HDEF patch and the layout ID (3 in this case). The nodes are the same between the codecs and I've triple checked my adjustments to the kext. There must be a subtle difference that I'm overlooking.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attachments

• Amy’s MacBook Pro.zip
    521.7 KB · Views: 107
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 119
  • TerminalOutput.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 113

Setup looks ok. Must be problem in the patched AppleHDA you created.

Did you patch the binary?

Setup looks ok. Must be problem in the patched AppleHDA you created.

Did you patch the binary?
Yeah, but just in case, I reworked everything and still no luck.

Ok, so a bit of progress. I recalculated the verbs and used AppleHDAPatcher instead of manually patching AppleHDA. Headphones, Internal Mic, and Speakers are working. The line in on the headphone combo jack is not. And one other bit of odd behavior happens as well. The volume keys adjust the volume just fine but the slider in the menubar always stays maxed out when using the external speakers. If i plug in the headphones, the menubar icon corresponds with the current volume.

@Mirone Can you take a peek at my layout files to see where I might make an adjustment? Thx.

Attachments

• CX20722-layouts.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 131
it's a good news, but i'm very, very busy, i look for this in the next days or in my free time.
No worries. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back