Contribute
Register

Computer won't recognize UniBeast USB installer drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I have been stuck on this screen for the past 5 min.. I am guessing that it is not good. Any suggestions?
View attachment 51451

See my edited post #5 You need to use the usb 2.0/1.1 header on the board itself.
Rebuild the unibeast drive, this time with an 8GB usb 2.0 flash drive.

Sorry.. I figured out what you meant.. I will give that a go!

It's right on this page, in this thread.
You will need to use a usb 2.0 flash drive
for unibeast to be recognized by a 2.0 port

My mistake , it's now post #3

The connector that goes to the USB ports on the top of my computer does not fit in the USB 2.0 slot on my motherboard. If I bought an adapter (like this one) to get a USB 2.0 hub do you thing it would work??

It's certainly worth a try. What you'll need to deal with long term though is most of
the USB three ports on the back of the board may never be functional. You'd need to
get something to attach to the internal USB header that reaches to the front usb
ports built into the case. It would really limit the number of USB peripherals you
could have connected at any one time. Try to find any successful builds with the
UD3h board on this site for possible solutions.

This is what joncas stated in his post on the Z77x-UD3H

"Runs very fast, quiet and cool, but built-in sound with the Via chip and the extra USB 3.0 ports aren't supported, and the intel-controlled USB 3.0 ports are a little whimsical in OS-X (but that seems to be a generalized issue). Note that on the backpanel connectors, only the two USB 3.0 connectors below the ethernet plug will work (for keyboard, mouse and USB-Stick). You may need to use USB 2.0 plugs accessible on front panel plugs via the internal connectors to get a functioning keyboard/mouse.

To minimize errors, when running Multibeast 5 it's best to start with minimal settings as on the attached screenshot and select only:
- "User DSDT / DSDT-free"
- Atheros Ethernet"

The connector that goes to the USB ports on the top of my computer does not fit in the USB 2.0 slot on my motherboard. If I bought an adapter (like this one) to get a USB 2.0 hub do you thing it would work??

A little late but... I've found that if you simply disable usb 3.0 and xhci in bios all ports revert to usb 2.0 (and are recognized by mac installer and virtual machines) I found this out the hard way figured I let you know. Hopefully you havent bought the adapter yet.

A little late but... I've found that if you simply disable usb 3.0 and xhci in bios all ports revert to usb 2.0 (and are recognized by mac installer and virtual machines) I found this out the hard way figured I let you know. Hopefully you havent bought the adapter yet.

Thanks for the tip, better late than never! I've never used the UD3H board so never tried that setting in the bios.
That's why it's not in the buyer's guide as a recommended gigabyte mobo. Did you leave those USB3 ports (xhci)
disabled after the OS X install? If not did your USB3 peripherals work when attached to those ports ?

Yes I left it disabled as I just needed a working install to run unibeast and make a ML usb. Didn't really mess around too much with testing my peripherals on 3.0. mouse and kb worked fine and it recognized the usb stick. like I said it seems like disabling xhci somewhat "forces" usb 2.0 and OS X stops freaking out. I'll update you on how it goes once I get ML up and running. I will be doing all I can to get usb 3.0 running on my final install. I've been fighting with this for the better part of 2 weeks and I'm SLOWLY but surely making progress lol

Yes I left it disabled as I just needed a working install to run unibeast and make a ML usb. Didn't really mess around too much with testing my peripherals on 3.0. mouse and kb worked fine and it recognized the usb stick. like I said it seems like disabling xhci somewhat "forces" usb 2.0 and OS X stops freaking out. I'll update you on how it goes once I get ML up and running. I will be doing all I can to get usb 3.0 running on my final install. I've been fighting with this for the better part of 2 weeks and I'm SLOWLY but surely making progress lol
Thanks for the tip! I will defiantly try this when I get some time. I did buy that adapter... but it was only like 4 dollars so no big deal. Any progress on getting OSX installed? If so could you share your Multibeast settings?

Tonymacx86's Guide

I have been following the above guide word for word in an attempt to build my first hackintosh. In Tony's guide I made it all the way to step three with no issues but when I tried to boot from the USB I created it did not show up on my boot list. I am 100% sure that I created the USB correctly as I was able to do everything it said with no errors and made it to the "installation successful" screen at the end. I also followed the BIOS set up guide to properly configure my motherboard, but I couldn't set my UniBeast USB as a boot option. I did search through the forums and didn't find much to trouble shoot this issue. If anyone could point me in the right direction as to where I could solve this problem or offer some advise on something wrong with my build that would be awesome! I am very new to this so please go easy on me. If you require any other information feel free to ask. Thanks in advance!

I'm getting the same problem with my Z87-HD3, trying to install OSX 10.9
I have mounted the MB with only 1 stick of RAM, my SSD (empty) and my GTX 760
I have set the BIOS according to this guide -> http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

• Set general settings on "optimized defaults"
  • XMP Memory profile on "profile 1"
  • Disabled Vt-D
  • Also tried every USB port of the MB
  • Tried to disable XHCI with no success

I really don't know what to do as the flashdrive is still recognized by my laptop ...:crazy:

Thanks for your advices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back