Contribute
Register

Computer won't boot into macOS, but works fine in windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All, I have a quick question. I went through the google keystone crash that is being discussed and dealt with by those here. I was able to follow the advise given here for the solution and get my machine back to the smooth running condition it was once in. I have found a folder labeled "var_back" on my systems HDD and was wondering if this could be deleted? Picture included for reference.

Thank You
Thaigyver

Attachments

• Folder Var_back.png
    Folder Var_back.png
    240.6 KB · Views: 62
Hey All, I have a quick question. I went through the google keystone crash that is being discussed and dealt with by those here. I was able to follow the advise given here for the solution and get my machine back to the smooth running condition it was once in. I have found a folder labeled "var_back" on my systems HDD and was wondering if this could be deleted? Picture included for reference.

Thank You
Thaigyver
I am assuming since nobody replied either no one else had this issue or no one knew the answer. So, I will provide the answer just in case someone else runs into this question. The folder is not needed and I have deleted it with no noticed effects on my system.

Also, I found out that when I followed the set of directions to fix this Google keystone bug, that it did work on fixing my machine but that it created a second Google folder on my system in a second location. Then, everytime I clicked to open Google, it would kick open 2 windows. The key seems to be in a post made by a commenter named stockmind on the 9to5google.com link. He makes note of the second line to be input in Terminal as to the correct location of your individual "GoogleSoftwareUpdate Folder". To make a long story short, I went through the processs of Terminal commands again in Recovery Mode, this time to the correct location of my Google folder, then deleted the other Google folder, and restarted the system. All is well and back to normal with no glitches.

Hi everyone. Im going mad for a month now trying to fix my hackintosh. Then I founded this thread, and for the date of the problem, I think I might been affected by this Google Chrome Update Bug.
The problem is that I'm a musician and not a computer guy, so I really appreciate if any of you could help me.
After hours of reading and researching I believe I started in Single User Mode, or something like that by adding -v -x -s in the BootArgs of Clover. Im booting from a pendrive the guy that built the hackintosh did for me with some booteable Mojave.
Excuse me if I'm so much of a newbie, I'm attaching a video so maybe someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong.
I would really love to work this out without reinstalling Mojave, as I have tons of plugins installed for music production that would take forever to reinstall.
I know I should have made a backup.
Thanks!

Solved by doing step by step what this links says. I didn't knew what Terminal was. Now I do.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Have people had success?
I've followed the steps outlines in this: https://mrmacintosh.com/google-chro...-symlink-on-non-sip-macs-causing-boot-issues/

and i get 1 successful login, and then on the 2nd reboot it returns back to the loop.
I have the same problema jamiewoods had. I've figured how to enter Terminal and write the commands in the link provided, but then when I restart, same boot loop goes on. I've deleted and uninstalled everything related to Google Chrome. Should I restart OS from zero? Maybe updating? I have lots of audio software installed, and it would be really good to keep them installed.
Thanks in advance and really hope someone can help me out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back