Contribute
Register

Computer won't boot into macOS, but works fine in windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not working i enabled csrutil enable reboot; and check terminal the command didn’t take as if changes aren’t saving i went through the official google fix with no success where the screens will go black then restart machine then back to business as usual with this problem

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.5 MB · Views: 82
Please try this EFI.

The Cuda.kext is a signed kext and should go to /Library/Extensions/.
Mate, I'm sure you can hear the sigh of relief as it's working like a charm. I can't thank you enough for helping me out as I have so much going on this week and worst timing for a crash, as it is for most. Thanks again and if I can repay the favour, let me know.
Cheers Jamie

solution:

Boot into Single User mode
mount -uw /
rm -fr /var (I'd prefer: mv /var /var-bak )
ln -s /private/var .
chflags -h -v restricted,hidden,uchg var
reboot

This worked for me. Thank you so much!

I can boot into my macOS SSD by using an external HDD that I set up with a Unibeast High Sierra installer. I boot into the external HDD, then I use the clover bootloader on the HDD to boot into my macOS volume, and everything works great! However, when I type "mount -uw /" it says operation not permitted.

I can boot into my macOS SSD by using an external HDD that I set up with a Unibeast High Sierra installer. I boot into the external HDD, then I use the clover bootloader on the HDD to boot into my macOS volume, and everything works great! However, when I type "mount -uw /" it says operation not permitted.
I'm having the same problem, I think it's a lack of permissions somewhere. Let me know if you figure it out!

Google are now advising to reinstall macOS... is this ok with a Hacky through the recovery partition? (I couldn't get this to work, failed upon checking system with apple).

Even after applying the Terminal commands I get very glitchy graphics and am asked to verify all kinds of things with an admin user/pass (none of which are accepted).

UPDATE: After one reboot I was back to square one and the terminal commands had zero effect, until I checked the directory and saw the var folder was missing, so ran the commands to recreate and got back in. Still had major graphics issues now though (colours inverting/flashing), so I installed switchresx and changed colours to millions instead of billions (or vice versa, can't remember) and now seems fixed.

Last edited:
I have a similar problem. The sound does not work.
Can You help me? I attach my EFI.

Your config.plist is blank. There are no configs.

You need to find out what audio codec your motherboard uses and inject the correct audio id to your config.plist. You can check the AppleALC Supported Codecs to find what value you should inject.

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 5.32.19 PM.png

Your config.plist is blank. There are no configs.

You need to find out what audio codec your motherboard uses and inject the correct audio id to your config.plist. You can check the AppleALC Supported Codecs to find what value you should inject.

View attachment 428051
My config.plist is blank!
I don't know what happened. All data has disappeared. SMBIOS is empty. Everything was and suddenly disappeared.
I don't understand why the 10.14.6 works but only without sound?
I don't know what to do. I'm going crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back