Contribute
Register

Computer won't boot into macOS, but works fine in windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to 9to5Google there now seems to be an official response from Google themselves, acknowledging the bug and suggesting a workaround:

https://9to5google.com/2019/09/24/avid-mac-crashing-google/

As you can see, this bunch of Terminal commands for file/folder removal and flag changing, is somewhat different to the earlier suggestions in this thread, including removal of the bugged bundle.

:thumbup:

Can I please get your advice one last time to get the audio working.

I ended up re-installing OS the stop the boot loop which is working well. SIP is enabled and I moved the Hakintosh Kext to Kext/Other folder. I then did a sudo kextcache -I / . The Nvidia graphic card wasn't being detected, so I moved the kext back to extension which fixed the issue, but audio's not working, which I've tried in both locations and nothing worked. Would you mind looking over the folders please to make sure I have the kext in the right locations and clover setting correct, and if you have any solution for audio, that would be amazing. Thanks for your time.

To enable SIP - changed to 0x00
View attachment 427382

Inject Kext - was already on yes
View attachment 427385

Moved Kext to other folder
View attachment 427387

My Extensions folder.
View attachment 427388

Please post your EFI folder.

Having SIP enabled doesn't always grant immunity from this problem.
View attachment 427390

My guess is that something else was wrong with those two guys' systems. The second guy said clearing PRAM fixed it. Clearning PRAM will not fix broken symlink.

I got the same problem yesterday and searching the solution. It drives me crazy. Thank God finally find this post.

better instructions from: https://9to5google.com/2019/09/24/avid-mac-crashing-google/

chroot /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD [note: “Macintosh HD” is the default]
rm -rf /Library/Google/GoogleSoftwareUpdate/GoogleSoftwareUpdate.bundle
mv var var_back # var may not exist, but this is fine
ln -sh private/var var
chflags -h restricted /var
chflags -h hidden /var
xattr -sw com.apple.rootless “” /var

I'm definitely out of my depth here, but I've figured out how to get into single user mode. Do I simply type what you have here? I'm guessing I don't break them up by line as you have here because it doesn't seem to let me do that....illegal option if I hit the return. Do I type the word, reboot or is that a direction?
yes - check my above post (#35) for the expanded instructions from google.

Kinda worked for me i was able to boot back in the screen dims to black and no icons no apps are displaying

Kinda i was able to boot back in but no icons no apps then screens with turn off system will stay on unable to get picture then i would have to restart machine then back to square one.

the mrmacintosh blog is missing a couple of crucial steps/flags.

follow this:

chroot /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD [note: “Macintosh HD” is the default]
rm -rf /Library/Google/GoogleSoftwareUpdate/GoogleSoftwareUpdate.bundle
mv var var_back # var may not exist, but this is fine
ln -sh private/var var
chflags -h restricted /var
chflags -h hidden /var
xattr -sw com.apple.rootless “” /var

Yep, followed the Google instructions and for good measure also deleted the keystone plist files mentioned on the mrmacintosh blog. Everything is working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back