Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I built a hackintosh running mavericks 10.9.2 a couple years back. I have been scared shitless to do any updates incase a osx update would mess everything up with my programs. Today I finally did an update...not to the latest osx, but to 10.9.5 which was showing up as an update in my apple 'app store' application. I clicked on the update to download and install it. At first it said I needed to make room on my drive, so I did make room and then I continued with the download and install. My computer restarted, got to the white apple logo screen with the spinning grey thinky wheel, and then the wheel froze and it hasn't moved for hours. What should I do?

Is there any way to revert back to 10.9.2? I have so many project files on my hard drive that I can't access because my computer freezes on startup.

I really appreciate all the help and advice I can get.

Last edited:
My computer restarted, got to the white apple logo screen with the spinning grey thinky wheel, and then the wheel froze and it hasn't moved for hours. What should I do?

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Is there any way to revert back to 10.9.2? I have so many project files on my hard drive that I can't access because my computer freezes on startup.

Restore your backup.

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back