Contribute
Register

Computer Sleep Slider bar missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had success in Catalina modifying the IOPlatformPluginFamilly.kext. I'm on Opencore 0.6.3 and the build is the EVGA Dark Z390 / i9900K.

Here are the steps I took:

Modified the X86Plugin Text for 19.1 as outlined in this post.
Booted into Recovery Mode and disabled SIP.
Used Hackintool to replace the existing IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext using utilities and selecting S/L/E as the target.
Rebooted
In my case it failed to boot into OSX Catalina.

Rebooted back into Recovery Mode
In terminal entered: csrutil clear
Rebooted successfully.

Sleep slider now present, and system sleeps (Hibernate 3) and wakes according to the slider setting.
However, I would say boot times are noticeably longer, not really slow but slower than before the change.

Not sure if these sleep slider settings will remain if I upgrade this disk from Catalina to Big Sur.

I have Big Sur version 11.1 Beta running as my everyday OS on this build but I'm reluctant to try this until I can prove it works on another disk.

i have a Mac 15, 1 but 4 GHz Intel Core i7. what is my model number? and i'm on High Sierra 10.13.6

is there any way to enable sleep slider at Monterey? This method doesn't work anymore

is there any way to enable sleep slider at Monterey? This method doesn't work anymore

I took a look at the plist involved and it occurred to me that by altering the value necessary would break the signature checksum of the kext. Recent macOS versions should then refuse to load it due to their enhanced kernel protection schemes.

Maybe the cause. Maybe not. A possible explanation though.

So it’s not possible to enable the the sleep slider anymore?
I tried some methods to add the edited IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext to system/library/extensions but all I managed was to destroy the boot at the end

So it’s not possible to enable the the sleep slider anymore?
I tried some methods to add the edited IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext to system/library/extensions but all I managed was to destroy the boot at the end
Don't forget the plain text reference in XML might be a small piece of legacy code left in. The actual slider code may, or may not be, removed from Monterey.

Even if we try to inject the kext from the EFI folder, we are not sure what else it is linked with it that might get broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back