Contribute
Register

Computer Sleep Slider bar missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
This modification can be made from Clover Configurator?

It would be interesting and not to be changed when updating

Thanks.-
No, the change is not made in Clover Configurator. The change needs to be made by editing the "Your-Mac-Model.plist" to change the UnifiedSleepSliderPref key to "false" (from the default "True"). See post #1.

how to edit those plist files? thanks!
There are many ways to edit kext files like IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext, and this is probably not the most efficient way to edit a .plist file that is contained inside a package file but it works.
1. copy IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext to your desktop
2. right click on the file and select Show package contents.
3. navigate to Contents/Plugins/X86PlatformPlugin.kext
4. right click and Show package contents
5. navigate to /Contents/Resources/
6. copy the .plist that matches your configuration to your desktop (see Post 1 for a list to match your computer)
7. open the .plist with a plist editor like Xcode
8. Find the UnifiedSleepSliderPref key and change the value to "false"
9.close the file and copy it back to IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext in the X86PlatformPlugin.kext package
10. install the revised IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext to /S/L/E using whatever utility you use to install kexts (such as KextBeast)

And it is not possible to change it thru the clover kext patcher?

And it is not possible to change it thru the clover kext patcher?
Not that I'm aware of. I'm sure it's possible if someone wants to compare the UnifiedSleepSliderPref key in the kext to create a patch to toggle the key from 'True' to 'False'.

Tried to enable the Computer sleep slider recently and figured that I can use CPUFriend (lilu.kext plugin) to patch the plist file without touching the original one.
Did you just add CPUFriend.kext to where Lilu.kext is or were there other steps involved to get it to work?

Did you just add CPUFriend.kext to where Lilu.kext is or were there other steps involved to get it to work?

Try to go through the instruction of CPUFriend, it should be straight forward, here is what I did.
1. Make a copy of Mac-xxxxxxxx.plist (according to you system)
2. Modify the copied plist by find the UnifiedSleepSliderPref key and change the value to "false"
3. Use ResourceConverter.sh to generate CPUFriendProvider.kext based on modified plist file
4. Copy both CPUFriend.kext and CPUFriendProvider.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

reboot

Try to go through the instruction of CPUFriend, it should be straight forward, here is what I did.
1. Make a copy of Mac-xxxxxxxx.plist (according to you system)
2. Modify the copied plist by find the UnifiedSleepSliderPref key and change the value to "false"
3. Use ResourceConverter.sh to generate CPUFriendProvider.kext based on modified plist file
4. Copy both CPUFriend.kext and CPUFriendProvider.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

reboot
Oops. Been a bit busy job-huting for over a month so only now noticed your reply. Unfortunately, I couldn't get this to work with either iMac 18,2 or iMac 18,3 system defs. by editing a copy of the IOPlatformPluginFamily kext (I even tried editing ALL of the iMac defs. to NO using Xcode to see if I had an incorrect system def. but no still luck). Any ideas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back