Contribute
Register

Computer Restarts @ Shutdown - iCloud could not connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabayte Z270-Gaming5
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 980 Windforce 3X
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello the the community first of all.

I have got quite a nice Hackintosh on q9550, msi p45 neo2, Corsair DHX 1066 DDR2, MSI GTX560 (non TI) on DUALS which is almost fully functional.
My method of install was with retail MOUNTAIN LION 10.8.2 DVD, using tutorials on the net by searching "Install mountain lion osx from usb stick" (yeah just like that) and multibeast after.I've got sound working and network with postinstall kexts which you can easily find.

The thingy is:

1.Whenever i shutdown, it restarts in suchway that i hear the hardware restart (not sure if everything restarts) and if i let it reboot it gets stuck into restart loop. If you have any infos, precise ones because i have quite tried few from the net, please tell. Sleep Works btw.

2.Cannot login to icloud or store or anything with my functional (on the web and ipad) apple account. Have any ideas why?

-----------These following things are just some tweaks upon which i kinda get lasy on searching on the net, still i'd owe something to you if help me.

3.How do i check if i have openCL active on my videocard? I can play Modern Combat Domination apparently :D, with some few VideoCard lags(Not network), and i also have some texture or whatever issues in civilisation V. Anyhow I have installed cuda drivers.

4.IT seems that when i installed the OS i had done it kinda light, and don't really remember how to restore the intel speed step thing(Cstates and Pstates) on my OS. With which gizmo should i do it(multibeast or something else?). For the moment it kinda stays stuck on 2.84Ghz.
->i had done it last year but with a DSDT on my Dell XPSM1330.

That's it for now. Anticipated thanks!

Back with a short spec: On system info on hardware->diagnostics it says

Power On Self-Test:

Last Run: 25.10.2012, 19:46
Result: Failed
Failure Type: Memory
Memory Slots: DIMM1/BANK0, DIMM2/BANK1, DIMM3/BANK2, DIMM4/BANK3

Could this be my problem?

I may be able to help with a couple of your questions...

1. Not sure about getting stuck in a boot loop but generally speaking if your computer restarts just after its shut down then you need to disable Wake on Lan (WAL) in your bios.

2. No idea sorry.

3. Download Luxmark, its a free OpenCL benchmarking tool and will display an error message if Open CL is not working. Having said that, as far as I'm aware OpenCL and CUDA have no relevance to gaming whatsoever, so I'm not sure that your issue is related to either of these. OpenCL and CUDA are used for media production software such as Premiere and After Effects.

4. Can't help with this one sorry.

Hope some of that is of some help to you! :)

thank you a bunch for the infos

solved 2 issues apparently

only Speedstep and icloud left.
I may be able to help with a couple of your questions...

1. Not sure about getting stuck in a boot loop but generally speaking if your computer restarts just after its shut down then you need to disable Wake on Lan (WAL) in your bios.

2. No idea sorry.

3. Download Luxmark, its a free OpenCL benchmarking tool and will display an error message if Open CL is not working. Having said that, as far as I'm aware OpenCL and CUDA have no relevance to gaming whatsoever, so I'm not sure that your issue is related to either of these. OpenCL and CUDA are used for media production software such as Premiere and After Effects.

4. Can't help with this one sorry.

Hope some of that is of some help to you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back