Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Msi mpower z77
CPU
Intel i7 3770k
Graphics
Gtx 770
So, I have accidentally removed the power cord from the computer, i have turned the computer on and some issues started to arise, the computer started freezing every 1-2minutes, and after a while when i was trying to uninstall mac and revert back to windows, there are even more issues. Right now the computer doesn't even boot properly, its trying to boot up for a few seconds and then turns off, this happens in a loop, off on, off on, etc. I have a msi power z77, the display code on the motherboard is 55.

Any ideas of how i can fix it?

Googling says bad memory or bad motherboard (time for RMA).

I'd recommend resetting CMOS on the motherboard and set BIOS over again from Optimized Defaults.

I'd recommend resetting CMOS on the motherboard and set BIOS over again from Optimized Defaults.
Thanks for the reply.
I have tried changing the bioses since i have multi bios and clearing the bios. Still the computer couldn't boot, it didn't even turn on the monitors...
Anything else i could try before doing RMA of the mobo?

Thanks for the reply.
I have tried changing the bioses since i have multi bios and clearing the bios. Still the computer couldn't boot, it didn't even turn on the monitors...
Anything else i could try before doing RMA of the mobo?

You can try flashing the BIOS to the latest version available, or reflash it with current BIOS version. It could be that it got corrupted somehow.

You can try flashing the BIOS to the latest version available, or reflash it with current BIOS version. It could be that it got corrupted somehow.
well both the main and the backup bios is corrupted so i can't boot at all, do you know of any way to flash the bios in this case?

well both the main and the backup bios is corrupted so i can't boot at all, do you know of any way to flash the bios in this case?

Remove the motherboard battery for a few minutes. Then put battery in, unplug everything from the mobo but the bare essentials- then try to get it to post. If it never is able to go to BIOS at all, you may have to RMA. The manufacturers have tools to reflash the BIOS from that state.

Remove the motherboard battery for a few minutes. Then put battery in, unplug everything from the mobo but the bare essentials- then try to get it to post. If it never is able to go to BIOS at all, you may have to RMA. The manufacturers have tools to reflash the BIOS from that state.
It just started working again, thanks.

Also, how would i go ahead and remove os x safely?

It just started working again, thanks.

Also, how would i go ahead and remove os x safely?

Mount the drive in Linux or Windows and erase/repartition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back