Contribute
Register

Computer keeps loading and wont shutdown 9/10 times on shutdowns/restarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Snow Leopard 10.6.8
CPU
Intel i5-4440 @ 3.1 GHz
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone,

I just got done with my Hackintosh build for some days ago and i'm very happy with the result and everything has been very stable so far, EXCEPT shutdowns or restarts...

Basically, 9 out of 10 times when i'm trying to just do a simple shutdown or a restart, the blue screen comes (Not BSOD) with that little black spinning loading bar and just keeps loading so i always have to manually shut it down with the powerbutton. I've given it over 15-20 minutes just to see if it eventually shuts down but without success.

What i have noticed is that it has a bigger chance of happening when i have been using programs (Firefox, Skype, Logic Pro etc.). If i try to Shutdown/Restart right after i've started the computer or when i haven't done anything particular with it, shutdowns/restarts works fine. Another thing i've also noticed is when i use PCIRootUID=1, shutdown/restarts works a lot better than without that command, but still far from fully functional. Without it, it wouldn't work at all, Finder just dissapeared and the backround was only visible (while the mouse worked) and just wouldn't let the comp shutdown either.

I've looked a lot on forums for solutions, but none have experienced the problem i have, only fairly similar problems, and the closest solution that mached mine i've come across didn't even work for me, i had to edit the mach_kernel file but i really couldn't find it. :confused: I'm very new to Mac's overall, this is actually the first one i've ever had so i'm not that experienced with them.

Thanks in advance!

Specs:

Z87M-D3H
i5-4440
8 GB Ram
ATI HD 5850 1GB

Whenever I experience shutdown problems, either on my Hack or Macbook Pro 2013 Retina, it's always a permissions problem. When I repair permissions with Disk Utility it finds a few (or a bunch of) problems, fixes them, and then my shutdown problems are gone. YMMV.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip, and sorry for the late reply, i've been really busy...
It fixed the problem to a very small degree, which means the problem is still there :/ This maybe isn't the case, but could it be my HDD? I didn't buy a new one for this Hackintosh build, but re-used an old one (everything formatted on it ofc.) from my old PC from 2006. I mean, i wouldn't be surprised if it's something strange with the HDD, but it really shouldn't be an issue as far as i'm concerned... But maybe i am wrong... o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back