Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Computer doesn't Shutdown or Restart (High Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z390-E Gaming
CPU
i5-8600k
Graphics
gtx 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
New thread for a different issue. im running an Asus Z390-E Gaming motherboard, 8600k processor, and 1070.

my install is nearly fully working (im using usbinjectall instead of the other thing because lazy and i dont care if USB is slow, im not moving big files around with it)

my issue comes down to shutdown / restart.

when i shutdown, i don't actually shut down. i get the spinning logo made of lines, it spins for a few seconds, then disappears. the monitors both turn off and go into standby mode, as do the keyboard and mouse. everything looks off.
except all the fans and LEDs in the tower are still going. and the fans ramp up a little too even.

ive tried FixShutdown in ACPI, and Darkwake, Darkwake=1,3,4,8,9,10. no dice.

at this point i've kind of reached the limits of my knowhow.

including a copy of my Config.plist. if anyone can help me get this sorted, i'd appreciate it. if you need additional files to solve the issue, just let me know.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 56
Still need assistance with this :(

Hey, when i said it was a new issue, i was talking about for my system, as i had a previous post about my system being unable to install high sierra at all. sorry for the confusion.

my post about still needing help was a bump. generally, most forums allow a bump after a certain amount of time, i was using that to say that i still had not found a solution to my issue, and was still seeking assistance.

the links you posted seem promising. i'll take a look when i get home, though i worry because there talking about msi and gigabyte boards. I've already had issues where my Asus board diddn't follow the standard (Ex: The hardware buyers guide says the Z390-E gaming has a ALC1220 Chipset, when in actuaility its a ALC1220A chipset thats specific to Asus.

Ok, Rebooting issue solved. Slide=0, EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, RC Scripts. reboot and shutdown now function.

new issue, ive been working on my ethernet. i cant download World of WArcraft. the Battle.net app installs fine, but trying to install wow game files leads to an error about not being able to contact server.
i changed to two different intelmausiethernet kext files (from the oritional, to the rehabman one, to the 2.5.0d0 version compiled for high sierra. now i have no ethernet at all. wired internet is fully out. :(

should i make a different thread again for ethernet issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back