Contribute
Register

Computer consistently overheating when all fans appear to be working

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think that it's most likely a hardware issue though? Nothing that I can change behind the scenes?

You think that it's most likely a hardware issue though? Nothing that I can change behind the scenes?

Yes. Even if you are running an extremely heavy load your temps should not be that high.

So I got a new fan from Corsair and installed it, but now my computer won't get past the apple loading screen... the bar fills all the way and then it just stops. No idea why switching out the cooler would do that.

Any thoughts?

So I got a new fan from Corsair and installed it, but now my computer won't get past the apple loading screen... the bar fills all the way and then it just stops. No idea why switching out the cooler would do that.

Any thoughts?

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of where it stops.

How can I? Whenever I try and start up the computer in a different mode, it doesn't work, probably because I have to go through Clover first, right? Maybe I'm not doing this correctly. I pass the BIOS step, go to clover, click my OS, then as soon as I do that, I hold down Cmd-V, right?

Did the research and figured it out. Here's what I got
IMG_9468.jpeg

Update: I tried unplugging everything except my keyboard from the computer and was able to get it turned on finally. No idea why. Obviously this is not a sustainable solution, so I'm hoping that there's more info in the screenshot above.

If there's anything that would be helpful now that I was able to get the computer turned on, let me know

Other bad news, even with the new fan, the CPU is still overheating. Any other thoughts? I'm getting nervous
IMG_9470.jpeg

Other bad news, even with the new fan, the CPU is still overheating. Any other thoughts? I'm getting nervousView attachment 419423

It looks like you are overclocking to 5GHz. That little radiator probably isn't sufficient for overclocking. My guess is, the H55 is probably fine for stock speeds but, if you want to overclock, do yourself a favor and get a good Noctua.

Hmm... I don't recall ever setting up overclocking. Any idea what in the BIOS I should be changing to restore back to regular settings? I'd set defaults for all, but I remember htat there were certain things that needed to be changed to get the system to work at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back