i5 7200U
Graphics
HD 620, 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Recently, I tried to re-install El Capitan, on an HP4540s, from the thumb drive that I had originally used to install it. This time, before it started the installation, it had me connect to the internet and then said it need to check if my computer was authorized.
Turns out it wasn't and I couldn't continue with the installation.

When did this authorization stuff start, and what do I need to do to get it authorized.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim Ballantine

Recently, I tried to re-install El Capitan, on an HP4540s, from the thumb drive that I had originally used to install it. This time, before it started the installation, it had me connect to the internet and then said it need to check if my computer was authorized.

When did this authorization stuff start, and what do I need to do to get it authorized.

Jim Ballantine
Look here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-to-install-yosemite-on-hp-laptops-with-clover-uefi.143675/

Jim Ballantine

Your laptop has a guide.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

Thanks,
Yes, I've followed that guide previously when I first installed the system, using the same usb stick on the same machine, and it installed correctly. This time, it went through the boot process but when it got to the install OS X screen, the install required I be connected to the internet and then checked to see if the machine was authorized for this version. So something changed, and I'm not sure what.

Thanks,
Yes, I've followed that guide previously when I first installed the system, using the same usb stick on the same machine, and it installed correctly. This time, it went through the boot process but when it got to the install OS X screen, the install required I be connected to the internet and then checked to see if the machine was authorized for this version. So something changed, and I'm not sure what.

You created the installer too long ago...
What changed is the current date.
Re-create the stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back