CPU
i7 9700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Dear experts, i want to rebuild my hack from years ago. Will use it for fcxp/after effects/lightroom/audio mostly.
Can you comment on the components?

- MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX
- CPU: Intel Core i7 9700k
- GRAPHICS: Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB
- RAM: - Corsair Vengeance LPX Black2x, 32GB, DDR4-3200, DIMM 288 240 or
- G.Skill RipJaws V Series, DDR4-3200, CL16 - 64 GB Dual-Kit​
- SSD: Samsung Evo 850 Basic
- COOLER: Corsair H60
- PSU: Antec CP-850
- CASE: Antec P183

I would keep the case/psu/ssds if possible. and not sure if i need 32 or 64gb of memory?
Thanks!

Dear experts, i want to rebuild my hack from years ago. Will use it for fcxp/after effects/lightroom/audio mostly.
Can you comment on the components?

- MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX
- CPU: Intel Core i7 9700k
- GRAPHICS: Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB
- RAM: - Corsair Vengeance LPX Black2x, 32GB, DDR4-3200, DIMM 288 240 or
- G.Skill RipJaws V Series, DDR4-3200, CL16 - 64 GB Dual-Kit​
- SSD: Samsung Evo 850 Basic
- COOLER: Corsair H60
- PSU: Antec CP-850
- CASE: Antec P183

I would keep the case/psu/ssds if possible. and not sure if i need 32 or 64gb of memory?
Thanks!
RAM prices are low right now so if you can afford it you may as well go for 64 GB (4 sticks of 16 GB).

Your system should be compatible with MacOS Mojave and Catalina (and even Sierra 10.12.6 / High Sierra if you want).

RAM prices are low right now so if you can afford it you may as well go for 64 GB (4 sticks of 16 GB).

Your system should be compatible with MacOS Mojave and Catalina (and even Sierra 10.12.6 / High Sierra if you want).
Thanks. 2x32gb is much cheaper though, would that make a noticeable difference?

Thanks. 2x32gb is much cheaper though, would that make a noticeable difference?
I don't know since I have not used 32GB RAM sticks yet. I would think there won't be a significant performance difference if they are of the same speed. However, as far as I know, at least for Clover, you will need to make a setting change for Clover to boot MacOS when you are using 32GB RAM sticks. No such adjustment is necessary for 16GB (or less dense) RAM sticks.

If you do opt for 32GB RAM sticks make sure to search for how to make such an adjustment.

I don't know since I have not used 32GB RAM sticks yet. I would think there won't be a significant performance difference if they are of the same speed. However, as far as I know, at least for Clover, you will need to make a setting change for Clover to boot MacOS when you are using 32GB RAM sticks. No such adjustment is necessary for 16GB (or less dense) RAM sticks.

If you do opt for 32GB RAM sticks make sure to search for how to make such an adjustment.
Thank you. Can you maybe direct me to where i find clover settings for 32gb? Didn't think I found the solution yet.
Edit: Bought 4x16, easier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back