Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello i wanted someone to confirm this setup if harware is compatible.
http://www.czc.cz/532oikb8h6jucb1ce7dl5a1bg6/seznam
It is my 2nd hackintosh, but iam not sure about RAM vs Procesor compatibility.
Also i would like to know if Kouwell firewire controllers are still supported.
Got this one http://www.czc.cz/kouwell-kw-5101_2/144468/produkt
Thanks for reply

The important thing is not whether the RAM and processor are compatible, but whether the RAM is on the motherboard manufacturer's compatibility list. I would choose a different motherboard anyway, as the onboard audio is unsupported. I suggest choosing a motherboard from the current Buyer's Guide. Also, I'm not 100% sure about the Asus BT400 Bluetooth dongle - you might want to do a little more research to make sure it's compatible.

From the photo on that site, it looks like the firewire controller you bought has a Texas Instruments chip; if so, then it will most likely work.

The important thing is not whether the RAM and processor are compatible, but whether the RAM is on the motherboard manufacturer's compatibility list. I would choose a different motherboard anyway, as the onboard audio is unsupported. I suggest choosing a motherboard from the current Buyer's Guide. Also, I'm not 100% sure about the Asus BT400 Bluetooth dongle - you might want to do a little more research to make sure it's compatible.

From the photo on that site, it looks like the firewire controller you bought has a Texas Instruments chip; if so, then it will most likely work.

But i pick components from buyer`s guide board, ram and procesor are listed. Now iam trying to find asus compatibility list. Bluetooth is just atempt, but audio is supported in buyer`s list. In't it?

So it is more important to pick compatble ram from manufacturer list (gives sense). But what about ram from buyers guide? There are only crucial.

Last edited:
But i pick components from buyer`s guide board, ram and procesor are listed. Now iam trying to find asus compatibility list. Bluetooth is just atempt, but audio is supported in buyer`s list. In't it?

I didn't realize the Asus Maximus VIII Ranger was listed in the Buyer's Guide...but I think the audio is incorrect, because in the Buyer's Guide it's listed with the Realtek ALC1150 chip, which is supported; however on Asus' website the audio is listed as:

ROG SupremeFX 2015 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC

which I don't think is supported. So I'm not sure what to tell you.

I didn't realize the Asus Maximus VIII Ranger was listed in the Buyer's Guide...but I think the audio is incorrect, because in the Buyer's Guide it's listed with the Realtek ALC1150 chip, which is supported; however on Asus' website the audio is listed as:

which I don't think is supported. So I'm not sure what to tell you.
Its okay i hope that find a working firewire (actual works), beacuse i need external audiodrive, which is working on my old hackintosh. Native is not so necessary on OSX side of PC.
Last thing i need, is an advice in picking 16GB ram (2x8) in highest avalible working frequency for this mobo and CPU.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/s...ger-i5-6600-gtx-970-clover-el-capitan.185093/ This guy uses Corsair RAM on that board :-O.
Thak you for your patience:)

Its okay i hope that find a working firewire (actual works), beacuse i need external audiodrive, which is working on my old hackintosh. Native is not so necessary on OSX side of PC.
Last thing i need, is an advice in picking 16GB ram (2x8) in highest avalible working frequency for this mobo and CPU.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/s...ger-i5-6600-gtx-970-clover-el-capitan.185093/ This guy uses Corsair RAM on that board :-O.
Thak you for your patience:)

According to its specifications, this motherboard supports up to DDR4 3400MHz RAM. The manufacturer's Qualified Vendors List for RAM is here. Neither of those were difficult at all to find on Asus' website.

Oh, and I stand corrected on the audio - this guide says the audio on this motherboard works with Toleda's cloverALC-110 script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back