Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

So after 7 failed attempts to make an UniBeast USB drive, it finally worked once and everything seemed well. I even tested the setup inside my VMWare Mavericks and it all seemed to work just fine.

However, whenever I try to go and boot from the USB stick, it won't boot. It just pushes me straight back to windows no matter how many times I try. I don't even get the chameleon bootloader.

All I did was get the Mavericks install from the AppStore, use Unibeast to create the USB, and then drag Multibeast onto the USB drive. After that, I proceeded to set my BIOS to optimized defaults, checked for AHCI and then tried to boot onto the USB multiple times. VT-d was off, Virtualization was off and I removed my soundcard + GPU to force the iGPU to do the install as outlined in the tutorial regarding the 780Ti.

So what am I missing? I'm currently trying to remake the USB drive and hope for better results, but it might take 10+ hours again to get a successful USB drive.

Please update your build profile, I know that you listed all your parts in another thread but you're likely to get a better response once the rest of the forum can see what hardware you are working with.

creating the UniBeast drive is straight forward as long as you follow the UniBeast guide. It only needs to be done once so you do not need to redo the UniBeast drive once it has been created and works.

you commented that "it keeps pushing you back to Windows.."

does this mean that you have a second hard drive with Windows installed? If Y disconnect it as you only want the one hard drive (or SSD) for the OS X installation. You can reconnect the other drives after you have got OSX installed, working and booting without UniBeast.

if you are trying to boot with internal graphics, make sure that you have your BIOS internal graphics enabled and your boot priority set to internal graphics first. Also make sure you are using only DVI or HDMI (do not use VGA)

also in Chimera boot your install in verbose mode by entering -v at the Chimera boot screen. This is so you can see what OSX doing when loading.

BTW, what hardware did you use to create the UniBeast fash drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back