Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am a complete beginner that wants to build my own hackintosh.
Since i have read that it can be quite tricky i have decided to build a pc first.
What I plan on doing is building the pc with parts that are compatible for a hackintosh but installing windows first. Then once i feel confident i will buy a second ssd and try set up a dual boot system with both windows and osx.
My questions are, is this possible? Are there better ways of doing this? If my installation of osx fails, will this affect the running of windows on the separate ssd? Does the buyers guide change with time, so that I can update my system without fear of incompatabilities?
Thank you

My questions are, is this possible? Are there better ways of doing this? If my installation of osx fails, will this affect the running of windows on the separate ssd? Does the buyers guide change with time, so that I can update my system without fear of incompatabilities?
Thank you

Yes, it is possible. When you put each OS on a separate SSD it makes it quite easy and prevents many
problems in the long run. It is probably better to get your OS X install going first so that you don't
have to change any bios/UEFI settings when Windows is already installed. Search for "Dual Boot
Windows and OS X" and read some of the guides on this site. The Buyer's Guide gets a monthly
update so that is no problem. Best of luck on your new dual boot system :!:

It is definitely possible. Like TRS96 said the bios settings is the important part. Before installing either OS follow the installation guide Step 3 about setting up bios for OS X. The main issue is that windows needs to install the AHCI version instead of the IDE version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back