Contribute
Register

Compiled SSDT Examples for macOS

It'll get stuck a [PCI Configuration End] when trying to boot iirc if it tries to use AWAC rather than RTC. It's more common on newer versions of BIOSes, so be mindful of it if you do update your BIOS.

If I do not have "SSDT-AWAC" installed on my Z390 I Aorus mobo (I do not), how can I tell if there is a system clock error?
If you don’t have ssdat-awac or ssdt-rtc0 and you don’t have boot halts or error messages neither bios reset, I think you don’t have rtc errors.

It'll get stuck a [PCI Configuration End] when trying to boot iirc if it tries to use AWAC rather than RTC. It's more common on newer versions of BIOSes, so be mindful of it if you do update your BIOS.
Thanks for the warning. Since each of these dsdt acts differently, one of them can be expected to be preferable in certain systems.

FWIW, I have neither of the SSDTs mentioned in post #12, nor do I have any problem booting my computer (at left). So... "no RTC errors." I do have Mattystonnie's ACPI patch installed, though, along with the latest UEFI/BIOS for my motherboard.

FWIW, I have neither of the SSDTs mentioned in post #12, nor do I have any problem booting my computer (at left). So... "no RTC errors." I do have Mattystonnie's ACPI patch installed, though, along with the latest UEFI/BIOS for my motherboard.
I think Mattystonnie patch fixes some kind of rtc errors.

after BIIOS update 3105 on my ASUS X299 Tuf Mark 1. I opted from SSDT-RTC0-RANGE ssdt rather than awac. And there I had also to doctor around to get it to work, e.g in the original the path was _SB_.PC00.LPC0.RTC_, which I had to change to _SB_.PCI0.RTC_. Also the device is now called RTC0, which was previously just RTC. Is there a difference? And which would be the cleaner way AWAC or RTC?

... And which would be the cleaner way AWAC or RTC?
Here OpenCore guys have an excellent explanation regarding these 2 SSDTs and which of 2 is more suitable but it involves decompiling your DSDT.

... And which would be the cleaner way AWAC or RTC?
After answering you, I have followed the instructions on the OC website, I have extracted my DSDT from Clover menu> F4 (it was the easiest way to do it), I have decompiled it with iasl and I have searched for AWAC and I have not found it. I have not found STAS either, of course.
So I have deleted SSDT-AWAC and booted without that file and everything seems to work fine. I was sure that I need AWAC or RTC0 because my board is Z390. But I see that it doesn't seem to be necessary.
I have BIOS F10c which is the latest.
In Clover's boot log, without SSDT-AWAC, the second line says "CPU was calibrated with RTC" which seems to indicate that I do not really need these SSDTs.

I have also extracted the tables on Windows to ensure they were not patched or injected by Clover and the decompiled dsdt file does not contain AWAC or STAS either. To extract the tables from Windows:
1. Get Windows Binary Tools
We only need iasl.exe and acpidump.exe that can be copied to Windows \ System32 to have them available in the PATH variable.
2. To extract tables in the current directory where we have the command window open:
> acpidump -b
3. To decompile the main DSDT file:
> iasl -d dsdt.dat.
The result is the dsdt.dsl file.

I previously owned a GIGABYTE Z390 M GAMING, and SSDT-AWAC was not required. To determine if your motherboard requires this SSDT, you need to first extract, and de-compile your main DSDT. I strongly recommend using MaciASL when working with your DSDT, as it'll make your life a lot easier when dealing with ACPI files in general; anyway, the following is an example from the Z390 M GAMING's DSDT

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 08.50.09.png

First, use the bottom search box to see if an AWAC device is present, and do the same for RTC. On this board, you'll notice the presence of RTC under _SB.PCI0.LPCB. Because there's no AWAC device, we can safely assume that this RTC device is active; however, we're not out of the woods yet. Refer to the dortania guide concerning RTC0. If you do not need SSDT-RTC0, that's it; your regular RTC should work without any additional work (outside the usual steps for setting up your bootloader of choice).

Hope this was useful!

Back