Contribute
Register

Compile and edit with Xcode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. Can someone help me how to edit and compile a kext with in Xcode. example: Lilu or usbinjectall?

@msh,

If you just want to compile Lilu and some of the common 3rd party support kexts and you are not familiar with MacOS development tools then you can use Hackintool which will download the source files and compile them for you.

Screenshot 2019-12-04 at 20.20.34.png
If you still want to learn how to use XCode then there are plenty of tutorials on the internet ... just use google.
Its something you have to learn and beyond the scope of a post here.

Cheers
Jay

@msh,

If you just want to compile Lilu and some of the common 3rd party support kexts and you are not familiar with MacOS development tools then you can use Hackintool which will download the source files and compile them for you.

View attachment 438794
If you still want to learn how to use XCode then there are plenty of tutorials on the internet ... just use google.
Its something you have to learn and beyond the scope of a post here.

Cheers
Jay

I tried Hackintool,but no success
Screenshot 2019-12-04 at 21.34.52.pngScreenshot 2019-12-04 at 21.36.47.png

You still need to install Xcode ... its free on the App Store

I installed Xcode today, I don't understand why it's not working ?

@msh,

Did you install the Xcode command line tools ?
If not then execute the following in terminal :-

Code:
xcode-select --install

Cheers
Jay

Thanks again, but Xcode command line tools refused to install. I removed Xcode and reinstalled, but still the same.

@msh,

Thats a new one for me ... have never heard of anyone being unable to install the Xcode command line tools.

I have no idea what the issue could be or how to resolve it but if i had to guess it might be down to file/folder rights or permissions ... best place to ask for help would be the Apple developer forums :-

You'll need to register first in order to post

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back