Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, this is my first time installing OS X. I'm not building a new computer, but I thought I could just install it on another hard drive. I researched these parts, but I just wanted to know for sure and with what operating systems. Does the i7 2600K work with every operating system? I noticed that the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti isn't compatible with 10.6.8, but a user said in another thread said that they could get everything to work except Preview and screenshots. Since I don't have a Mac, I was going to download Mavericks to a flash drive once I installed Snow Leopard, then install Mavericks. I also have an ASUS P8P67 motherboard. Please respond, even if you only know the answer to one of my questions, I would really like to start!

Hello, this is my first time installing OS X. I'm not building a new computer, but I thought I could just install it on another hard drive. I researched these parts, but I just wanted to know for sure and with what operating systems. Does the i7 2600K work with every operating system? I noticed that the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti isn't compatible with 10.6.8, but a user said in another thread said that they could get everything to work except Preview and screenshots. Since I don't have a Mac, I was going to download Mavericks to a flash drive once I installed Snow Leopard, then install Mavericks. I also have an ASUS P8P67 motherboard. Please respond, even if you only know the answer to one of my questions, I would really like to start!

The 2600K surely works. ( I use a Xeon E3-1240 from the same Sandy Bridge generation and it works well. ) You should be able to install Snow Leopard (even if the 560Ti is not supported) and then download Mavericks from the Mac App Store.

Thanks for your response. Do I need a DSDT for my motherboard?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back