Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey there, Hackintosh Newbie here. I came across a few parts and was wondering if they might be hackintoshable:

CPU - Intel Core i5 4460
RAM - DDR3 1800 ADATA
MB - Asus H81M-HDS

I don't have a video card, but can get one. Open to suggestions.

Hey there, Hackintosh Newbie here. I came across a few parts and was wondering if they might be hackintoshable:

CPU - Intel Core i5 4460
RAM - DDR3 1800 ADATA
MB - Asus H81M-HDS

I don't have a video card, but can get one. Open to suggestions.

I know of a H81M-HDS from ASRock, but not from Asus. Is this your motherboard?

If so, the parts should be compatible with MacOS High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina.

That's the one, apologies.

Thanks!

I know of a H81M-HDS from ASRock, but not from Asus. Is this your motherboard?

If so, the parts should be compatible with MacOS High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina.

Hi Jamesbond007, I have a similar spec like YoloSwag420. But when I try to install Catalina it's stuck at apple logo (100% loaded). Cant figure the problem.

My spec as below,
Motherboard: Asus H81M-D
CPU: i3-4150
Graphics: GTX 750 Ti

I've attached here with my EFI file as well. Can you help me on this?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 67
Hi Jamesbond007, I have a similar spec like YoloSwag420. But when I try to install Catalina it's stuck at apple logo (100% loaded). Cant figure the problem.

My spec as below,

I may not be able to help with Catalina since I don't plan to install it myself anytime soon. But I do know that your graphics card is not supported under Catalina (and Mojave) due to lack of Nvidia drivers. You will need to switch to an AMD supported graphics card (or perhaps use CPU integrated graphics) before trying again.

My spec as below,

Try boot arg nv_disable=1

You can use space bar hit it once and select that option than boot.

I may not be able to help with Catalina since I don't plan to install it myself anytime soon. But I do know that your graphics card is not supported under Catalina (and Mojave) due to lack of Nvidia drivers. You will need to switch to an AMD supported graphics card (or perhaps use CPU integrated graphics) before trying again.

Thanks for the reply. I switched to onboard graphics but same problem occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back