Contribute
Register

Compatible Graphics Cards with iBoot-Megabeast Set-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Partman said:
One thing I've noticed that's consistent: if the card has ONLY DVI ports it works. All the cards I tested with a DVI and a VGA port did NOT work, even if they were the same chipset (ie NV 9400 GT).

Just tested a PNY GT 9500 GT with 1024mb onboard (VCG951024GXEB) and it works just fine on the Megabeast system and sees it as a 9500 GT with 1024mb. Again, twin DVI ports.

Partman

my 8500gt had the same issue, was dvi+vga

My Gigabyte GV-N98TSL-1GI Silent Cell has DVI / D-SUB (VGA) / HDMI.
All ports work OOB ! Even using the included HDMI-DVI adapter...

I'm currently running with DVI (on my Samsung 26") and D-Sub (on my secondary ancient LCD) without any issues...

:D :D :D :headbang: :mrgreen:

Attachments

• megabeast.jpg
    megabeast.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 146
Only issue I've had are when it comes to Iboot supported (which uses ATYinit) and iBoot (which uses NVenabler)

Neither of them would play ball when it came to outputting to a 720P HDMI device (either directly from HDMI or from DVI->HDMI cable)

Whereas Tonymac P55 boot CD (or a roll your own iboot without either of those kexts included) that just rely on 'graphics enabler = yes' will output to it no problem.

I think you can circumvent NVEnabler by just entering GraphicsEnabler=y at boot - as far as I know it will load that first and then just ignore NVEnabler.

must admit I never tried that, I'd thought that com.apple.boot.plist already having that set would have done same thing, as that loads ahead of the enablers?

snorkelman said:
must admit I never tried that, I'd thought that com.apple.boot.plist already having that set would have done same thing, as that loads ahead of the enablers?

No actually it's not possible- you do have to actually remove NVenabler and rebuild caches or GraphicsEnabler=Yes won't do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back