Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
460 GTX:
some member got it to work, others don't. therefore it's your decision.

Here's one with 460GTX card. Have a read through and determine if you want to proceed.

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=11221

ijhu said:
460 GTX:
some member got it to work, others don't. therefore it's your decision.

Here's one with 460GTX card. Have a read through and determine if you want to proceed.

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=11221
Better recommendation? Considering I am video editing and all. But does the rest look good?

Is there a better/easier card out there? Is the rest of my build ok?

see my list components

jpa said:
see my list components
Do you run dual OS with that? Should I install Leopard or Windows 7 first? I have a corresponding drive for each.

ijhu said:
Yes the lifehacker VIDEO uses iboot + multibeast.
But if I follow it exactly it doesnt apple to my build correct?

If your worried that the Lifhacker video won't match up with what your parts are look in the user build section and see if another user has it listed. Most likely they will and you can use there screen shots or walk through in addition to watching the video on how the go through and set up your bios. It would be the same settings but the menu you need to scroll though might be off just a hair but everything in the bios the same. If you search youtube a little deeper you will find a video matching that motherboard you have listed and a walkthrough on setting it all up.
I basically search the heck out of youtube for step by step installs within the last several months as so there not outdated installs. I also look to make sure they are using the Tonymac's guide/install method, just because that how I will be doing it. I have never done anything like this so the videos help me out big time.

i am hoping the life hacker video you've seen is the same one I saw. :D

At this stage, all I can advise is that you have the key component for a successful HACKINTOSH. If you have the parts assembled. Proceed with the installation. jpa's build has the same board, video card. So use his step by step as your text book instruction coupled with life hacker video.

Any subsequence errors/issues can be posted up here and members will assist.

ijhu said:
i am hoping the life hacker video you've seen is the same one I saw. :D

At this stage, all I can advise is that you have the key component for a successful HACKINTOSH. If you have the parts assembled. Proceed with the installation. jpa's build has the same board, video card. So use his step by step as your text book instruction coupled with life hacker video.

Any subsequence errors/issues can be posted up here and members will assist.
Excellent! Here is the video btw ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOVHi59CzXs

Should I install OX on a blank drive first or windows 7? I have a drive for each but doesnt the OSX affect the components?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back