Contribute
Register

Compatibility Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 560
CPU
> Need full CPU model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
> Need model name or version number > See Forum Rules!
I have a Dell Inspiron 560 Desktop Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00GHz Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset that I'm wanting to install the Macos system on. Can anybody help me out in where and what I should start off with doing. I'm new to all of this and this is gonna be my first time actually doing something like this. So any and all advice would be helpful. I take criticism well so bring that on to if yall would like

I have a Dell Inspiron 560 Desktop Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00GHz Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset that I'm wanting to install the Macos system on. Can anybody help me out in where and what I should start off with doing. I'm new to all of this and this is gonna be my first time actually doing something like this. So any and all advice would be helpful. I take criticism well so bring that on to if yall would like
Pentium CPU is not supported on MacOS, and the integrated graphics is also not supported on MacOS. Your system is also quite old.

So your system is not compatible with MacOS as it stands. You will have to replace the CPU with at least a Core 2 Duo (assuming your motherboard BIOS has support) and you will also have to add a supported graphics card (e.g. GT 710 DDR3) if you really want to install and run MacOS on your system.

Personally I would recommend using a more recent system (like those based on Ivy Bridge (7 series) / Haswell (8 or 9 series) or later) to run MacOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back