Contribute
Register

Compatibility issue with i7 6700 (non-k)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AsRock H170 Pro4
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi.

I am using an Asrock H170 Pro4 with i7 6700 (non-k) and a 2GB Radeon 250X.
Is this setup compatible with Sierra? Because I could only install Sierra after quite a fight but I can only use the internal graphics.
I wish I could use all my hardware, you know...
I'll post my config.plist down here so if you would please help me, I'd appreciate a lot.
I am at your disposal for any further information.

Thanks.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.1 KB · Views: 173
Hi.

I am using an Asrock H170 Pro4 with i7 6700 (non-k) and a 2GB Radeon 250X.
Is this setup compatible with Sierra? Because I could only install Sierra after quite a fight but I can only use the internal graphics.
I wish I could use all my hardware, you know...
I'll post my config.plist down here so if you would please help me, I'd appreciate a lot.
I am at your disposal for any further information.

Thanks.
Your hardware is compatible, But in order to get the graphics card to work you need to:
1. Set IGFX as primary in BIOS
2. Connect your monitor to R7 graphics adapter and turn the PC on, in this case you'll lose boot up screen but you be able to boot into macOS Sierra using R7 display adapter.

This is a very common issue regarding AMD graphic adapters, for more information look here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/radeon-compatibility-guide-ati-amd-graphics-cards.171291/

Thanks for the responses you two. Another question if I may:
I have a GT220 graphics card. All versions of Nvidia cards are compatible with the Sierra or they lose compatibility as the OS advances?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back