Contribute
Register

[COMPATIBILITY CONCLUSION] The ASUS GTX 750 Ti 2GB DDR5 (Single Fan PH Series) - GTX750TI-PH-2GD5 &

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-B85M-D3H
CPU
i5-4440
Graphics
ASUS GTX750TI-PH-2GD5 (http://www.asus.com/in/Graphics_Cards/GTX750TIPH2GD5/)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
After trying out the procedure mentioned in Stork's guides for getting the ASUS GTX 750 Ti to run on Yosemite 10.10 / 10.10.1 (which are the most comprehensive & detailed guides to get any GTX 750 Ti working on a Hackintosh), I can finally conclude that it is ​NOT POSSIBLE to get the HDMI output to work on the ASUS GTX 750 Ti 2GB DDR5 (ASUS GTX750TI-PH-2GD5) at least as long as it is running VBIOS 82.07.25.00.13 or 82.07.25.00.AS11

None of the other various methods / solutions, which I scavenged from all over the web, worked either.

So as long as ASUS doesn't update the VBIOS of this card, or Apple / NVIDIA officially release a fix for this card; I would steer clear of it and not buy it.

This incompatibility has been replicated with the Gigabyte counterparts of this card too, except the latest versions which have VBIOS 82.07.32.00.ab

So if you are hell-bent on getting a GTX 750 Ti, I'd recommend you stick to the one sold by Palit or a Gigabyte one with VBIOS 82.07.32.00.ab or above, which have reported confirmed success with HDMI output. Stay clear of any other GTX 750 Ti unless you wish to undertake gamble knowingly.

For your reference,
Stork's guide for the GTX 750 Ti Hackintosh (Part 1): http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...600-chimera-multibeast-method.html#post925481
Stork's guide for the GTX 750 Ti Hackintosh (Part 2): http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...byte-750-ti-2gb-graphics-card.html#post932410

Discussions pertaining to my failed attempts can be found in the above two threads along with this one.

My ASUS GTX 750Ti OC not working too with bios 82.07.32.00.AS07 (asus gpu tweaker saying "up to date")

;(

I'm thinking that the ASUS problems in Yosemite are because it deviates from the nVidia Reference Design with alternate connector layouts. Apple's (and possibly nVidia's) drivers follow the Reference Design specifications as the graphics cards that Apple sold/sells for it's Mac Pros are Reference Card layouts. The Reference Design has two DVI and one mini HDMI ports. EVGA has been closest to the nVidia Reference Design, recently, (with performance enhancements) and Gigabyte also tends to stay close to the Reference Design with twin fans. However, the ASUS definitely is different From the Ref Design in that it includes a VGA connector. So, this may contribute to the inability of the ASUS card to be recognized in Yosemite using the HDMI.

nVida Reference Card Layoutt
116820-geforce-gtx-750-ti-bracket.png

ASUS Layout
116821-asus.jpeg

-----------EVGA Layout-------Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti GV-N75TWF2OC-2GI
123630-evga-750-ti.jpg
---------------------
115689-gigabyte-gtx-750-ti-connectors.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
BUMMER.....mine is an Asus GTX 750Ti but had dual fans....not a single fan variant. Just bought it last week. I haven't checked the vbios or anything yet but plugged it my hack sees the card and will install web drivers but seems un-accelerated. Very laggy performance....

Faslane

i know this is super dated info but I managed to get this exact model to work as it should by flashing the EVGA Superclocked bios within Windows 10

Attachments

• EVGA1.zip
    127.4 KB · Views: 159
Thx Matakuching! When I tried your image, nvflash complained about an unsigned driver.
However, you pointed me in the right direction and I got it to work! Here's the details:
  • My card is ASUS Dual Fan GTX 750Ti 2048MB OC Edition
  • I used this EVGA bios from techpowerup.com.
  • I used nvflash vers 5.416.0 from here.
I created a new folder C:/nvflash
I copied the unzipped flash and nvflash to C:\nvflash
I ran the following commands from command prompt (run as administrator)
nvflash64 --save orig_bios.rom
nvflash64 -protectoff
nvflash64 -6 newevgabios.rom
nvflash64 -protecton​
Now my asus card (with nvidia web driver) is able to connect to multiple displays. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back